SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of programme
The “Peaceful cross-border pastoral mobility and social stability in the Sahel” project (MOPSS) aims to to contribute to the resilience of agropastoral populations and social stability in the Sahel through conflict prevention, mitigation and management. This 3-year project (2020-2022), funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation agency (SIDA), is implemented by a consortium led by SNV, in partnership with CARE, Hub Rural, and three regional producer organizations (RBM, APESS and ROPPA) who collectively represent the interests of transhumant herders, agro-pastoralists and farmers.
MOPSS intervenes at regional (ECOWAS), national (Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Benin and Togo) and local levels (communes and inter-municipalities) in 3 cross-border areas: Liptako-Gourma, the WAPO complexe, and the Kénédougou) structured around three interrelated areas:
- Strengthening organizational governance of RBM and APESS, with a focus on accountability, credibility, conflict-sensitivity and the inclusion of women and youth
- Making the political and legal framework more conducive to the specificities of pastoralism and respectful of herders rights
- Supporting the economic and social viability of pastoralism through strategic investments to support pastoral mobility and market access, subsistence support to vulnerable households, the promotion of youth employment, and by reinforcing the role of women and youth in peacebuilding.
Overview of the Position
The Multi Country Project Manager has responsibility for overall management of the project which includes: design and implementation of programme activities in support of local stakeholders; program quality assurance and timeliness of deliverables; adaptive and collaborative monitoring, evaluation and learning; people management and team leadership; efficient management of financial resources and supervision of procurement; coordination with consortium and programme implementing partners. S/he will ensure full compliance with the donor contract and regulations and will oversee the programme reporting process to the donor.
- Execute overall programme management
- Lead and steer the programme implementation team in the four countries
- Build, strengthen and manage partnerships with above mentioned partners and stakeholders
- Manage sub-contractors and coordinate programme consortium partners
- Ensure proper control and management of financial resources of the programme
- Monitor performance of the programme management team to ensure all milestones set in the work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on programme performance
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding, in close collaboration with the donor and consortium partners
- Present results and represent the programme in relevant national, regional and international fora
- A relevant advanced academic qualification.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted, multi-country donor-funded development programmes.
- Relevant and profound working experience in the Sahel region.
- Background in/understanding of pastoralisme and livestock
- Experience in gender mainstreaming.
- Able to strategically lead, inspire and energise programme teams.
- Experience in collaborative and adaptive monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Demonstrated experience in managing various programme partners.
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments at all levels.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with strong organisational skills, who takes individual accountability seriously.
- Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral), as well as reporting and presentation skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken French and English.
- Willingness to travel to all programme locations.
This is a full-time international position based in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. The successful candidate will be contracted for a 2-year, with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience and it includes a competitive secondary benefit package.
- Application Deadline: October 09, 2020.
- Contract Duration: 2 years.
- Contract Type: National employment contract for Burkinabé nationals or International employment contract for other nationalities
- Duty Station: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Desired Start Date: asap in 2020
How to Apply
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters on or before October 09, 2020, if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of Agriculture experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged!
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement -
How to apply
Please APPLY ONLINE at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/743999719602936-multi-country-proje...