Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
Since 2012, ACTED has been implementing projects with vulnerable communities in Syria with a two-fold approach: ACTED provides life-saving support to vulnerable displaced persons, returnees, and host communities across Syria, through multi-sectorial rapid emergency services, and implements a wide range of resilience building interventions. Thus, ACTED has been able to strengthen its links with Syrian local communities and to develop an in-depth knowledge of local dynamics. A team of 900+ is currently working in Syria.
You will be in charge of
- Knowing our third parties
Assist the Transparency and Compliance Department in checking the proper implementation of ACTED’s third party controls and pracices;
Ensure the adequate quality and HQ reception of the relevant databases for each department within ACTED’s WoS mission;
Ensure the databases are updated on a regular basis;
Third party screening
Contribute to the WoS mission’s compliance with ACTED’s third party screening process;
Verify that screening requests are sent to the relevant HQ focal point in a timely manner, prior to contracting;
Ensure the proper process for sending screening requests is followed;
Perform ad hoc checks of databases, cross-referencing with the screening requests to ensure compliance;
Maintain a monthly TITANIC report on the third parties screened, to be sent alongside the standard TITANIC.
Vetting and enhanced due diligence
Be the focal point for HQ investigation Unit when conducting enhanced vetting reports on third parties;
Coordinate with other ACTED department’s when request for information is needed.
If needed, perform enhanced due diligence using social media, national and international corporate databases and adverse media databases and report to HQ Investigation Unit.
Support and Training
Support the WoS mission in providing training sessions and resources to the WoS mission;
Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices relevant to AML/CFT operations.
Expected skills and qualifications
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the fields of Political Sciences, International Relations, Law, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or field related to Compliance, Audit, Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT), Criminology.
- Experience with sanctions screening software is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the AML/CFT regulations.
- Interest, or eager to learn about the regulatory requirements compliance for NGOs.
- Knowledge of KYC processes.
- Proven ability to research and check information.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to undertake analysis and evaluation of large amounts of data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office technology, with strong Excel data analysis skills.
- Experience of maintaining computer based records efficiently.
- Knowledge of third-party screening software, notably of the FinScan Software, is a strong asset.
- Quick learner, highly flexible and adaptive.
- Outstanding personal and professional integrity.
- Results oriented, strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in cross-cultural environments.
It Is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of vetting procedures
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
- Fluency in English language.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Send your application (CV + Cover Letter) at email@example.com Ref: TPCI/WOS