To assist the IS Senior Legal Counsel in providing advice and support on all legal matters affecting the global operations of the International Secretariat of Amnesty International (‘IS’).
To provide advice and direction on all legal matters affecting the IS’s global operations, managing legal risks in an integrated manner to enable Amnesty International to maximize human rights impact.
The IS, which operates from a number of sites around the world, gathers and communicates accurate and action-oriented human rights information globally. We campaign for meaningful human rights change; enable effective human rights activism and work to persuade governments and other actors to uphold universal human rights standards. We provide strategic leadership, support and advice to the AI movement globally, fostering AI’s contribution, presence and public accountability throughout the world.
* Governance and compliance: advice and support to manage global legal compliance requirements including: company secretarial, legal registration, data protection, anti-terrorism, anti-bribery both in respect of the IS London and international offices.
* Intellectual property: assistance with the management and protection of Amnesty International trademarks globally; advice on trademark and copyright law queries and disputes.
* Disputes: assistance with the management of ongoing disputes; assistance with IS’s involvement in strategic litigation internationally.
* Contracts and policies: assistance with the review of major contracts and the development of standard contractual documents and policies
* Editorial legal: assistance with the review of draft reports and other publications for legal risk (including defamation)
* Training and support: assistance with the development and provision of guidance and training resources for staff and management on relevant legal topics in all offices.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE IN THIS JOB
* Amnesty International is equipped through expert legal support to operate confidently in all areas of its work and enabled to deliver its core mission and maximize human rights impact.
* Relevant, comprehensive, well communicated and prompt legal advice is provided across the areas of responsibility.
* The IS- across all its offices – complies with all applicable legal requirements and challenges requirements and norms where appropriate.
* Staff in all offices are supported to identify and manage legal issues effectively and are aware of internal procedures to be followed.
* Legal risks are identified and managed effectively.
* A strong global network of external lawyers facilitates the provision of timely and effective legal advice, where possible on a pro-bono basis.
* Amnesty’s brand, assets and reputation are protected by prompt, effective and appropriate legal steps.
* The Legal Department has systems in place to ensure that legal advice is provided in a timely and diligent manner.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1 / Qualified solicitor or barrister (English law) with at least 1 year of Post Qualification Experience.
2/ Legal knowledge and work experience in a professional law firm and / or in-house role in two or more areas relevant to the role.
3/ Ability to interpret complex legal issues and convey advice in a manner understandable to a lay person.
4/ Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to suit wide ranging internal and external audiences.
5/ Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills including the ability to work in a structured manner towards agreed deadlines with minimal supervision.
6/ Ability to work adaptably and effectively, as part of a team and individually, including the ability to independently progress projects involving multiple stakeholders and to influence others.
7/ Strong initiative and problem solving abilities.
8/ Ability to swiftly and effectively analyse legal risks, and make a sound but pragmatic assessment of how best to manage these.
9/ Computer literate, proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
10/ Fluent English, written and spoken essential; additional language skills desirable.
HOW YOU WORK - COMPETENCIES
Level: (A, B or C, descending from A)
Delivering Results: B
Working with others: B
Developing oneself and others: B
Contributing to a Dynamic and Effective International Secretariat: B
Making decisions: B
Taking the initiative: B
Communicating and influencing: B
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
How to apply
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org