Reporting to Project Manager
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Expected Start Date: 1 Oct 2020
Duration: 19 days over 3 months.
Remuneration: 150 USD per day.
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specialises in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings. Headquartered in Amman and implementing programs across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, we use the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media and academics to design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcomes or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved populations in the world.
The Community Manager position will be based in Iraq, working under the guidance of the Project Manager We are looking for exceptional individual, driven by a keen desire to deliver social impact.
The Community Manager will provide support for the online promotional campaign for an online drama series focused on gender equality. Typical tasks include:**
Programme and Situation Analysis
- Set, plan and implement social media and communication campaign and strategy;
- Develop a content plan;
- Create engaging content from text, image and teaser video content for all social media platforms;
- Devise and implement community communication initiatives;
- Respond and engage with audience in a timely manner;
- Analyze web traffic and relevant community metrics;
- Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews;
- Organize and manage series content boost advertisements;
- Coordinate/liaise with Project teams.
Requirements & Competencies
- 2 years of professional experience managing social media platforms;
- A degree in communication, marketing or related field is required;
- Technological and digital fluency, including Social Media (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram);
- Knowledge of Hootsuite or similar programs to manage online postings on different platforms;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Innovation driven;
- Fluency (spoken and written) in Arabic and English is required;
- Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
- Software familiarity: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Office 365;
- Share Magenta core values, project objectives and goals.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a two-page CV, letter of motivation and portfolio titling the email “ COMMUNITY MANAGER – Your Name “ to email@example.com by 28th Sep 2020. The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the MAGENTA team, with a specific example of how their experience and skills can enhance MAGENTA’s work.