The Child Protection and Migration Senior Coordinator uses his/her technical knowledge in child protection, migration and displacement and protecting children from all kinds of violence to manage the delivery by partners of activities. They will aim to ensure that Children at risk of unaccompanied and unsafe migration in East and Southern Africa access essential and integrated protection, education and health services in countries of origin, transit and destination. The role will play an important role in inter-agency coordination especially with agencies at regional levels involved in COM/ Migration issues - these will likely include UN agencies, other peer agencies and partners. Coordination will support advocacy and experience sharing to enhance programming and protection of children. The role will provide substantial input into business development and donor engagement related to COM programming. The role will be mostly Southern Africa focused.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors in social sciences and speciality in one of the following social work, psychology, child development, education sciences, migration.
- Extensive years' experience in working through partners to deliver quality CP programming.
- Clearly demonstrable experience working with children on the move either in a migrant, refugee or IDP setting.
- Significant experience in child protection programming in an NGO dealing with case management, direct CP programming, technical advisory support and policy influence.
- Clear experience leading and networking in inter-agency collaboration efforts at national or regional levels.
- Experience in donor engagement including presenting project pitches, writing winning proposals and conducting donor round tables.
- Proven experience in programme development, project cycle management and monitoring and evaluation related to the sector including writing up high quality project/donor reports.
- Solid experience and excellent skills in capacity building of systems, staff, partners and other actors related to CP.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching including the ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability to solve complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Organisational capacity development training and experience.
- Proven experience and skills in advocacy and building work relationships with local/national governments and influencing institutional, private and/or corporate donors
- Research and knowledge management
Contract duration: 12 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS40NzA5My4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpb...