Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 24 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations
GENERAL CONTEXT **
MSF staff should have adequate, up-to-date practical experience to carry out the required competencies and confidently perform specific task, to ensure quality on the services that are provided population that MSF assist..
MSF FIELD SIMULATION is contributing to the development of these competences by :
· Designing and implementing F2F and online simulation based learning solutions that can be effectively used at field level by trained supervisors with the support of the mission’s HR & technical departments Dept.’s
· Create CAPACITY in MSF staff to organize and implement simulation activities.
· Developing manuals, guidelines, documents…to support field teams to implement simulation activities
The main objective of this position is to ensure deployment to missions; implements/supports the implementation of simulation based learning programs.
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
This position will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to Project manager of the TIC Simulation.
REPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN FUNCTIONS **
In close collaboration and supported by the Project manager of the TIC Simulation in all steps:
· Ensures deployment of simulation programs to missions by creating capacity (training mission facilitators and establish simulation programs)
· Implements/ supports directly the implementation of simulation programs in the field
· Participate in the elaboration of key tools for needs assessment, deployment of simulation programs, monitoring etc…
· Supports monitoring of simulation based learning programs
· Identification and Training of facilitators and MIOs.
· Support in the management of MIOs and facilitators Pool
· Provide support to the technic capacity building by designing new scenarios, tools and capacity building programs at HQ level, when is needed and when field visits are not possible.
Education and experience
· Experience in designing, implementing and evaluating simulation based learning programs; especially in the medical area.
· Qualified training in simulation methodology is an asset
· Humanitarian field experience is an asset. At least 2 years.
· Experience on developing learning projects/activities and / or carrying similar tasks described above.
· English and French. Spanish and/or Arabic are very much valued.
· Commitment to MSF’s Principles
· Cross-cultural Awareness
· Behavioural Flexibility
· Analytical Thinking
· Strategic vision
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Service Orientation
· Initiative and Innovation
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Temporal position based on any Hub OCBA. Up to 50% field visits.
· Full time work
· 12 months
· Annual gross salary: HQ-3B (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
· Starting date: Beginning of October 2020
MSF OCBA is a people-focused humanitarian organization that offers a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We believe this approach enhances our work and we are committed to equity in employment. We embrace diverse backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
· To apply, please, follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter
· Closing date: 27th September 2020, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)