Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the five-year USAID/DRC Monitoring, Evaluation, Coordination, Contract 2 (MECC 2), based in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), is to provide support MEL services and support to USAID/DRC and the Central African Regional Operating Unit (CAROU), through which MEL services may also be provided in other Central African countries including the Central African Republic (CAR), Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Gabon, and Equatorial Guinea.
Social Impact is seeking a Learning Adviser for the anticipated USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation, Coordination, Contract 2 (MECC 2) in DRC. The purpose of this five-year contract, based in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) is to provide support MEL services and support to USAID/DRC and the Central African Regional Operating Unit (CAROU), through which MEL services may also be provided in other Central African countries including the Central African Republic (CAR), Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Gabon, and Equatorial Guinea.
- Oversee all aspects of the project’s CLA activities, including learning events, conferences, workshops, and informal opportunities to share and document learning.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to MEL teams in developing learning agendas with illustrative questions that will be explored during activity implementation to address gaps in technical and implementation knowledge.
- Identify appropriate staffing levels, secure appropriate qualified staff, and provide relevant technical guidance.
- Lead consultations with relevant staff and implementing partners.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Support and promote a CLA enabling environment within the Mission through initiation and facilitation of appropriate change management strategies for Missions and implementation partners to help improve their capacity to achieve national goals.
- Document the process of adaptive management to make these processes more easily adaptable to dynamic contexts.
- Facilitate the dissemination of learnings and other relevant knowledge products among the local donor and stakeholder community.
- Degree in public policy or administration, business administration, management, development administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations, or other fields closely related to international development required.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional-level experience in MEL, M&E, and/or implementation in a developing country context required.
- Experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking.
- Experience with a wide range of development issues, such as gender constraints to development, economic growth, environment, democracy and governance, health, nutrition, and education.
- Experience leading or overseeing the work of large teams of individuals with diverse skills and interests.
- Understanding and experience with USAID CLA framework preferred.
- Strategic communication and presentation skills that can influence decision makers, foster organizational change strategies, with implementation occurring within a complex organizational setting.
- Ability and track record in strategic, systems-level and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management.
- Professional experience in the region.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to prepare clear, substantive reports and briefing papers in English and French in a timely manner.
- Capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and provide consulting services in helping clients analyze problems and devise and adopt solutions.
How to apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about the position, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3326.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.