Senior Communications and Outreach Manager, USAID Bureau of Resilience and Food Security Project, Washington, D.C.
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
MSI is currently seeking a senior-level communications and outreach manager to support a wide range of domestic and global strategic communications and outreach efforts for USAID's Bureau for Resilience and Food Security. The position will be based in the Washington, DC area. This is a proposal opportunity currently with a potential to lead to an employment opportunity.
The essential functions of the Senior Communications and Outreach Manager will be to lend support to the key points of contact within USAID's Bureau for Resilience and Food Security, to ensure that prescribed tasks are implemented in a quality manner, efficiently and on time. The Senior Manager will serve as the overall point of contact and program director of this effort, providing quality assurance for all work products and working closely with the client team to stay up to date on messaging and priorities.
- Manage project team of strategic and creative personnel including writing/editing, web design/management, graphic design, others as needed for photography/videography, etc.
- Evaluate primary research.
- Segment target audiences and conduct measurement and evaluation to evaluate effectiveness of outreach.
- Develop integrated communications strategies and campaigns.
- Oversee production of all owned, earned, social media, web, event and other materials. Examples include content for FeedtheFuture.gov, USAID.gov, social media platforms, e-newsletters, reports/fact sheets/press releases, event materials, narrative and informational videos, photography, internal and inter-agency communications, more.
- Plan and conduct communications trainings.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in managing public affairs activities.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the field of communications.
- Must have proven understanding and track record in integrated campaigns and project development.
- Must have experience establishing a sophisticated working knowledge of client's issues, messaging, priorities and culture, including demonstrated ability to maintain strong client relationships and advise client as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including quality control.
- Must have proven experience in working with global and U.S. national brands.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and be well organized to manage people and multiple tasks at one time to complete projects with quality assurance by deadlines.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills and be able to articulate thoughts and ideas to others.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of files and other documents.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and proactively work to achieve consensus on policy, project and administrative matters.
- Previous work with U.S. Government or global clients preferred.
- Prior experience working on campaigns related to agriculture, nutrition, water security, sanitation and hygiene preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.