Position: Grants and Reporting Coordinator (national position)
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reports to: Grants Manager
Duration: 8 months (extending is depending on the availability of funding)
Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Relief International is a registered NGO in Turkey and is based in Gaziantep to implement refugee support programs in Turkey and cross-border programs in northern Syria in health and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH).
The Grants and Reporting Coordinator will be an integral member of the Grants Unit at RI Turkey. The Grants Unit serves as the facilitator for grants management processes in country and ensures compliance with donor requirements at all stages of the project lifecycle. The Grants Unit’s responsibilities include, but not limited to, ensuring timely and quality reporting, facilitating grant opening and closeout processes, advising on donor rules and regulations, maintaining grants related information and files, coordinating proposal development processes, capacity building of staff and implementing partners, and developing internal and external communication materials.
Reporting to the Grants Manager, the Grants and Reporting Coordinator will provide support in all areas of the Grants Unit’s work, with detailed responsibilities described below. He/she will be primarily supporting grants for Northwest Syria programming.
Reporting and Grants Management
• With inputs from RI’s Programs, Technical Teams, M&E, and other departments, help produce high quality program progress reports as per donor and RI requirements;
• Facilitate review of donors reports by the country management as well as the Regional Support Office, incorporate feedback received, and address all questions and comments;
• In coordination with the M&E department, ensure that data reported to donors is accurate, complete, and consistent;
• Ensure that donor reports are submitted in a timely manner and that the submission package is complete (e.g. with financial report, asset inventory, evaluation reports, and other required annexes);
• Coordinate RI response to any questions and comments from donors on reports submitted;
• Maintain an up-to-date tracker of all reporting deadlines and ensure that responsible staff who contribute to reports are aware of reporting deadlines, templates, and requirements;
• Build capacity of staff and implementing partners on report writing as needed.
Information and Knowledge Management:
• Gather and disseminate information on emergency situations, and IMC’s response to internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist the County office in developing sitreps, fact sheets, human interest stories, etc.
• Support development of knowledge products to capture learnings from management and implementation of grants in the form of case studies, success stories, etc.
• Enable institutional memory within the office through development and maintenance of record keeping of reports, proposals and other material developed for reporting and fundraising.
• Support institutional learning by making the best use of institutional knowledge, and support use of these learnings in future program development and implementation.
· Work closely with Grants Manager to ensure the effective utilization of grants monitoring systems in terms of projections and forecasting, the monitoring of expenditure, negotiations with donors for budget modifications and completion of project reports.
· Facilitate reviews for budget versus actual expenditure reports to ensure adherence to spending plans, donor budget variance restrictions and other donor requirements. Support follow-up actions to resolve identified problems.
· Support the Grants Manager in proposal development and grant modification processes, including conducting desk review, contributing to the writing process, preparing budget narratives and other essential annexes, etc.;
· Support the Grants Manager in monitoring program implementation and spending to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations as well as internal RI procedures and advise program and support teams on various donor compliance issues;
· Assist with the organization of grant opening, closing, and monthly meetings, take meeting minutes, and follow up on action points;
· Maintain a database of grant documents and do regular file audits to ensure that filing is comprehensive and up-to-date;
· Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Grants Unit and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor;
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 23, 2020, stating in the subject “Grants and Reporting Coordinator“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications