at GOAL Syria (View all jobs)
North Idleb, Syria
Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
- Ensure the management of the Guards and vehicle security under the direction of the Access Manager and ensure that all guards fulfill their responsibilities to the fullest.
- The AO will manage all safety and security equipment, ensuring that it is well maintained and functional, including First aid Kits and Fire Extinguishers.
- Ensure the safety of the offices and staff and participate in the development of standing instructions for security
- Train new staff members in communication protocols and the security tree.
- Ensure that all Thuraya and Radios are fully charged and in a work in good condition.
- Maintain a table of contact numbers for all staff working in the Office, Update, and share list with Access Manager weekly.
- Make a weekly check for Thuraya phones and Radios and as it is required.
- Keep a copy of the visitor log and check it monthly.
- Train staff on the correct use of Thuraya phones when he is asked to.
- Ensure that the APPROPRIATE contact numbers are available and updated in all the vehicles and offices.
- Ensure that all staff in the Office have an updated ‘GOAL ID.
- Report daily to the Access Manager about the general situation of the office regarding the safety and the security of the building.
- Ensure that the communications schedule with the teams is understood and adhered to, record all communications, and failure to communicate in a separate communications log.
- Maintain verbal contact with all cars and Team Leaders in the field at regular intervals.
- Complete and share the daily team's travel plan and share it with Access Manager.
- Ensure that the team traveling has the appropriate equipment as required per GOAL safety procedures and vehicles have a First Aid Kit.
- Follow GOAL communication procedures.
- Gather information from the field as and when requested.
- Keep a database of all health facilities in the GOAL Areas of Operation complete with contact information. Update this list monthly.
- To carry out any other relevant tasks as requested by Access Manager.
- Implementation of security policies and procedures.
- Train and supervise the Guard team.
- Attending meetings with managers of various departments when requested to do so by Access Manager.
- Planning and coordination to handle various security incidents with Access Manager.
- Supervising and ensuring the implementation of the evacuation plan and updating its monthly in coordination with the Access Manager.
- Raising reports on accidents and violations.
- Verify and solve problems related to office security and protection in coordination with Access Manager .
- Preparing weekly reports.
Requirements (Person Specification):
- Good spoken and written Arabic.
- Good written English.
- Computer skills – (Word and Excel…)
- Technical skills, including setup, and social media…
- Clear communication skills.
- The ability to record, keep, and pass accurate messages is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and react to emergencies calmly and logically.
- Sensitivity to gender and diversity issues in work practices.
- Good knowledge for GOAL working areas context.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to apply is: 22nd September 2020.