At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Are you experienced in translating complex information into accessible, compelling, and impactful content for a variety of external audiences? If so, you may be the next Senior Manager, External Relations at Last Mile Health.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Senior Manager, External Relations is a critical member of the Partnerships & Communications team and is responsible for managing Last Mile Health’s external engagements, including speaking and media opportunities. This position will provide support to external representatives of the organization, including the Chief Executive Officer and other members of senior leadership, to engage in high-profile external opportunities through the development of talking points, presentations, and other required communications materials.
What You’ll Do
- With support from the Director of Communications, manage all external engagements for the organization, including speaking opportunities, media inquiries, and communications efforts with partners.
- Roll-out and manage the external engagements vetting tool across the organization.
- Develop required materials for speaking engagements, including talking points, speeches, slide decks, and other required communications material.
- Project manage virtual and in-person conferences or large-scale events (like UN General Assembly, World Health Assembly, etc.).
- Manage relationships with journalists and media outlets as well as communication requests from partners.
- Draft and implement a social media strategy, maintain a social media content calendar, and coordinate the development of content in Last Mile Health’s brand voice.
- Develop and disseminate four Quarterly Newsletters per year.
- Support digital marketing campaigns as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Several years of experience in the communications field, including at least 3 years of direct experience managing external engagements (speaking roles and/or media).
- Experience working in, and crafting content for, the global health space.
- Experience writing speeches and talking points for leadership.
- Fluency with major social media channels.
Proven ability to create creative, clear, and powerful written communications for the social sector.
Experience working with media and digital marketing campaigns.
Strong project management skills, with experience managing multiple high-priority projects at once.
You’ll Impress Us If
- Experience working with funding partners
- Experience building or implementing a communications strategy.
Salary Range for this position: $70,000 to $85,000, depending upon your qualifications.
As LMH strives to increase transparency into our compensation principles we are highlighting below more details around the salary range and benefits associated with this position. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
You can read about our competitive benefits offerings here.
Principles guiding our compensation policy:
- Data Driven: We benchmark salaries against large datasets containing compensation data from organizations with whom we compete for talent. We benchmark salaries for specific roles and specific candidate experience.
- Competitive: Candidates should be paid the most competitive salaries possible for their position given budgetary constraints. We aim to pay above market, typically between the 50th-60th percentile of the market.
- Transparent: Compensation policies should be transparent and easily understood. We want all candidates to understand how we set salaries and to know we aim to pay competitively.
- Equitable: Compensation should be implemented consistently across candidates of different identities, teams and geographies, while keeping into account the different talent markets and economies we operate in.
- Responsible: LMH needs to operate in a sustainable way and practice good stewardship of our resources.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Please apply using the link provided. We look forward to hearing from you.