Protection & Safeguarding Deputy Manager
at GOAL Syria (View all jobs)
North Idleb, Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Under the direct supervision of the Area Coordinator (Partners and Quality), the Deputy Manager will be responsible for leading implementation of GOAL Safeguarding and protection mainstreaming activities in Idlib and Azaz. She/he will coordinate with relevant departments ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are met in a timely and effective manner, this include but not limited to ensure the team access to material, logistical and provide management and technical support to staff.
Duties, objectives, and competencies Programming and systems:
- Manage the delivery of the annual protection and safeguarding Work Plan and execute
the mainstreaming activity plan to ensure that interventions and objectives are met, and targets achieved.
- Track and follow up on all protection and safeguarding related issues that raised from other department until proper closer according to the followed approach and in coordination with the line
- Provide direct management and technical support to the safeguarding and protection field teams.
- Supervise and coach the SG field team to conduct surveys, participatory assessments and/or community consultations focused on protection concerns and the identification of vulnerable
- Supervise and coach the Senior CM Officer to ensure that the case management (Response Component) is implemented according to GOAL approach and in alignment with the international requirements and
- Supervise and coach the Senior CM Officer to ensure proper delivery for awareness-raising activities (Prevention Component) for the targeted population on topics such as PSEA, SGBV and GOAL scope of
- Support the Senior Case Management Officer in conducting mapping to activate more referral options to address Gender, Protection, Child protection or Safeguarding issues for the most vulnerable categories within the communities in which GOAL operates
- In coordination with the Safeguarding and Protection Manager, ensure safeguarding framework and protection standards are mainstreamed and incorporated in all work aspects and promoting and gender equality within the work
- Contribute to and put in place policies, practices and training to ensure that GOAL is providing a safe and inclusive environment for all staff and volunteers and fulfilling our commitment to a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, bullying and harassment
- Ensure day-to-day logistical and organizational planning and preparedness of the SG team, including liaising with the Supply Chain, Finance, IT and HR departments as needed, and with the support of the Safeguarding and Protection Manager. This include the arrangements with communication and transportation
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the line manager and the Safeguarding and Protection Manager as a technical
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports for direct supervisor on progress of mainstreaming activity plan highlighting the implementation challenges, support needed and opportunity for improvements
- Highlight and submit regular report on safeguarding and protection trends from the field on a regular
- Contribute to the donor report when needed and in coordination with the Safeguarding and Protection Manager.
Representation and coordination:
- Participate and brief about SG activities and updates in the internal filed level and country level meetings when needed.
- Actively represent GOAL (physically and\or virtually) at Protection Cluster including but not limited to CP and GBV Sub Working Group and Child Protection meetings to ensure information sharing, coordination of interventions and enable meaningful participation of both the refugee and host
- Develop and maintain filed based effective working relationships with other NGOs, INGO and other key stakeholders to ensure active coordination, collaboration, and information dissemination.
Capacity building and staff management:
- Commission and ensure the delivery of specialist safeguarding and protection trainings for individuals and team within the first 3 months of employment beside the SG refresher yarely training. This include provide SG inductions for the new staff when requested by HR.
- Contribute to raising GOAL staff and partners capacity by Facilitate/co-facilitate capacity building/training events in relevant SG topics including but not limited to Sexual Exploitation, CP and
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to the SG filed team through regular supervision and feedback on
- Ensure Performance Management System documentation for all staff is in place and followed up
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in law, social sciences, social work, sociology, anthropology, political science or journalism (but other specialties are not excluded).
- At least three years’ experience in protection projects, preferably in social work, protection & safeguarding and community-based
- Experience working for an international organization is
- Previous management experience is strongly
- Experience in regular report writing
- Belief in human rights including gender
- Good communication skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse
- Excellent attention to
- Capacity building and team building/motivational
- Demonstrable experience of successfully building and maintaining strong working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder
- Ability to assess the team training needs, develop and implement the capacity building pla with excellent facilitation and presentation skills
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon
Deadline to Apply: 21st September 2020.