Do you have a strong moral compass? Are you at your best when developing and guarding organizational integrity? Do you have specialist knowledge on the prevention of and response to integrity concerns? Are you one of those people gifted with the talent to switch effortlessly from the bigger picture to the details? Do you have affinity with laws and regulations and a healthy dose of empathy?
Then we have a challenging position for you! We are looking for a self-starting Integrity Officer .
32-36 hours a week · Terre des Hommes Netherlands- The Hague
Working at Terre des Hommes
Terre des Hommes (TdH) fights the exploitation of children across Asia, East Africa and Europe. TdH's work on child exploitation covers: (a) the worst forms of child labour; (b) child trafficking; (c) sexual exploitation of children and (d) child Abuse. TdH strives to prevent child exploitation, remove children from exploitative situations and ensure that they can develop in a secure, healthy and supportive environment.
Terre des Hommes has a moral duty to run activities with the utmost respect for the people with whom we work. For this reason, we require all staff, partners, volunteers and collaborators to adhere to the highest standards of behavior at all times and in all places, based on humanitarian principles and our organisation’s values.
We will challenge you to..
Take the integrity of our organization further and to guard our principles on integrity, in order to prevent and respond to any form of violations in the following clusters:
- Violations involving misuse of power: corruption, conflicts of interest and partiality, divulgence of confidential information, culpable negligence.
- Financial violations: fraud, theft, misappropriation of property or services, deliberate wastage.
- Interpersonal violations: discrimination, intimidation, humiliation, violence, bullying, unwanted intimacy, sexual intimidation, sexual violence.
Child safeguarding is of course a significant part of our integrity system.
Position in the organisation
This position, with a dedicated focus on integrity, is a new position within Terre des Hommes. You will be part of the HR & Operations team, reporting directly to the manager of this team. This team will soon start hiring a Compliance Officer as well, with whom you will cooperate closely. As integrity is a theme that spans all our employees, volunteers, partners, beneficiaries and communities we’re working with, you will inherently cooperate with all other departments. In particular, you will work closely with some colleagues who are experts in specific integrity areas.
What will you do and how will you make an impact?
We see integrity as a collective responsibility. You will be responsible for coordinating the further development and implementation of our integrity system, as well as for coordinating our case management.
Further development and implementation of our integrity system
- You will coordinate the further development and update of our overarching integrity policy, together with internal and external stakeholders (eg. specialists in specific integrity areas).
- You will translate this policy into an updated Code of Conduct with clear do’s and don’ts on each of these themes.
- You will set up and implement a promotion and prevention plan to further develop a culture and attitude of integrity. You will support capacity building towards our colleagues, our partners, volunteers and beneficiaries in the Netherlands, Asia and Africa, ensuring the accessibility and dissemination of all relevant knowledge.
- You will continuously improve our reporting and response mechanisms and make sure they are easily accessible to all our stakeholders.
- You will improve and support the implementation of our protocols for case management.
- You will maintain a network with integrity officers from other members of the international TdH-federation, and from other NGOs, in order to create common standards and collective learning as a sector.
- You are responsible for the coordination and process management of all suspected breaches of the Code of Conduct, which might involve complex and multi-faceted investigations.
- You will draw up reports on our integrity policy, prevention and enforcement to our stakeholders.
You will keep a strong focus on learning! Both the further development of our integrity system and the operational follow-up of suspected breaches are in your hands, as we expect both responsibilities to nurture each other. Each case will definitely bring up new insights to further improve our integrity system.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in a relevant field such as international development studies, business, or law
- You have multi-year (3+) relevant experience as Integrity Officer in multi-cultural humanitarian or development contexts. Experience in a non-profit organization is mandatory.
- You have a strategic vision on integrity management, proven experience in developing and implementing integrity policies, training, reporting mechanisms and prevention measurements and case management.
- You have a strong moral compass, you’re eager to learn and you don’t take the status quo for granted.
- You work systemically, bringing in strong analytical skills.
- You have the ability to display high levels of cultural and emotional intelligence.
- You are a strong organizer and coordinator, aiming to bring cases to a fair and justified conclusion.
- You are willing to travel to the countries where we are located in Asia and Africa.
- You have an excellent command of English and preferably Dutch, both spoken and written.
What do we have to offer you!
Because Terre des Hommes carries out programs and projects itself, the difference is that the organization, and therefore also your contribution, is visible and tangible every day. We offer:
- A job where you can really make a difference for children.
- An organization with enthusiastic colleagues, everyone likes to contribute to Terre des Hommes from their own discipline;
- An easily accessible office in the middle of bustling The Hague, the city of human rights and (international) politics. (at the moment we work from home)
- A one-year contract, with the intention to extend into an indefinite period after one year;
- Our benefits fit within the charity sector, including a pension scheme, travel allowance and 25 vacation days.
- The salary range for this position is set in scale E with a salary range between € 3.426- and € 4.822,- gross based on 36 hours a week.
How to apply
Do you like to become part of our international, dynamic team? Please upload your application before September the 20th 2020 at https://terre-des-hommes1.homerun.co/integrity-officer
Terre des Hommes Netherlands aims to guarantee the safety of children and does not accept any form of child abuse. Every Terre des Hommes employee is bound by the Child Safeguarding Standards, part of our Code of Conduct. That is why a Certificate of Good Conduct is requested from every employee, which counts as part of the employment contract.
Terre des Hommes is unfortunately not able to provide a work / residence visa for applicants outside the EU.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.