Position Title : Senior ICT Officer (Strategic Data and Business Intelligence)
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P5
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21 September 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
External female candidates:
Candidate from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states of IOM and female candidates.
IOM has embarked upon a series of transformational efforts across its policy and programme, data and knowledge, operational, and external relations areas. IOM’s digital transformation focuses on developing the organization’s capability to leverage existing, emerging, and future digital technologies and the opportunities they offer to profoundly improve the way IOM creates and delivers value and benefits to the people we serve.
The Senior Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer will serve as the Deputy Chief Information Officer / Deputy Director, ICT and as the lead for the Strategic Data and Business Intelligence Team. The successful candidate will partner closely with leads across Migration Operations, Policy Hub, Communications, Migration Tracking and Analytics, Advocacy and Fundraising teams to develop the tools that will facilitate the derivation of insights and help answer complex analytical problems.
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Department of Resources Management and the direct supervision of the Director ICT/CIO, the successful candidate will drive the digital technology vision working closely with key stakeholders from business teams, ensuring that IOM is poised to respond to disruptive technology trends and remains relevant and at the forefront in a digital future. Furthermore, s/he will also take a practical approach to digital transformation, balancing optimization of existing technology while making the right sequence of strategic investment choices to propel self-service data use, establishing a transition roadmap, and supporting colleagues in adoption and change management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Define a Business Intelligence (BI) Programme & Roadmap and implement the recommendations of the IOM's data strategy to ensure implementation of the projects.
Provide thought leadership on digital priorities based on business, industry and market knowledge and insights working closely with business teams.
Lead the design of, build, launch, optimization, and extension of full-stack Big Data and business intelligence solutions spanning extraction, storage, and transformation visualization layers in addition to data models of the IOM's cloud data warehouse.
Partner with user and engineering/product teams on development, support, process enhancement, bug fixes, and delivery of initiatives using an Agile approach.
Drive the definition and delivery of key foundational projects (data framework, integrated data architecture, institutional data warehouse, etc.)
Reinforce self-service BI governance practices and activities and ensure the delivery and implementation of the BI Platform for data and analytics in line with a coherent data model to leverage Institutional data to inform decision making.
Establish a Data and Analytics competency center and integrate an aligned analytics approach throughout the ICRC, coordinating with the key stakeholders.
Create a Data Science workbench - data science and its application to create business value and make an impact to the humanitarian services
Responsible overall for the delivery of product roadmaps of prioritized features across the enterprise CRM and Digital platforms.
Responsible for the delivery of platform modifications and enhancements for strategic projects; develop and implement key technology strategies and solutions to optimize digital experience, employing data and donor/business insights.
Provide prioritization and strategic management of technology initiatives and strategies as they relate to key business objectives and Identify new opportunities for digital innovation (technologies and solutions, markets, partners, trends)
Develop relationships with, and partner closely with other teams including Resource Mobilisation, Policy Hub, Communications and Advocacy Enterprise Architecture and Technology, Information Security, Migrant Solutions, ERP and Corporate Solutions, etc. to deliver platform modifications and enhancements that leverage digital solutions to enhance the value of data.
Develop relationships with platform vendors to gain insights into product roadmaps, influence strategic choices for the IOM and manage vendors in the delivery of platform modifications and enhancements.
Develop, manage, and engage a strong team of ICT professionals to deliver key strategic decisions platform modifications and enhancements, day-to-day operations Strategic Data and Business Intelligence platforms and compliance to standards and build team to work in a collaborative, business-responsive and innovative culture.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in digital/information technology, computer science Software Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution1 with ten years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with twelve years of relevant professional experience.
• A Project Management Certification or equivalent (i.e. PMI-PMP, PRINCE2, Agile Project
Management) will be a distinct advantage.
• At least ten years of experience delivering projects with digital technology solutions involving cloud computing solutions, e-commerce, web environments, digital advertising, social and mobile platforms, content marketing, CRM, marketing automation, social media monitoring, web analytics, and/or digital app and asset development;
• At least ten years of experience in a multinational or multicultural environment;
• Demonstrated leadership experience with a track record of driving effective stakeholder engagement in cross-functional teams;
• Proven record of realizing innovative ideas, and an ability to translate those ideas into actionable strategies and tangible business outcomes;
• Experience working in a demanding business responsive or client service environment and leading teams in a multi-disciplinary and/or multi-site environment;
• Demonstrated track record of applying project management processes, frameworks and best practices into technological solutions;
• Experience with Machine Learning / Data science would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change, making continual adjustments to strategy based on changing external environment and needs of the organization;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven track record as an effective leader - comfortable with stakeholder engagement in cross-functional teams, working to manage expectations and prioritize work;
• Knowledge of BI tools (e.g. PowerBI, Sisense, Tableau, Sportfire, etc.) Salesforce and/or AWS
would be an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
Fluency in English and either French or Spanish is required (oral and written).
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain
eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 21 September 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 08.09.2020 to 21.09.2020
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2020 185 Senior ICT Officer (Strategic Data and Business Intelligence) (P5) Geneva, Switzerland (56590024) Released
Posting: Posting NC56590025 (56590025) Released