MCDI is a sub-contractor to PSI (Population Services International) on the USAID funded Global Impact Malaria (IM) project with the objectives to improve the quality of and access to malaria case management and malaria in pregnancy interventions, other malaria drug-based approaches and provide support to pilot/scale-up newer malaria drug-based approaches, and provide global technical leadership, support operational research, and advance program learning.
We are recruiting for a Senior Technical Advisor to serve as the primary technical backstop (in malaria diagnostics) for the cluster of IM projects assigned to him/her, leading and guiding strategic planning, program design, program monitoring and evaluation, work plan development, budget managements, local logistics including TDY visits and virtual support during weekly or bi-weekly teleconference and through regular activity reports, semi-annual and annual report and publications.
S/He will provide malaria diagnostics technical leadership for the IM project as a member of the IM Core team (seconded to PSI). S/He will be the subject matter expert on malaria diagnosis to inform technical direction of the IM project. S/He will contribute to IM’s innovations and provide technical leadership on all malaria diagnostics activities as part of the IM core workplan.
S/He will provide the IM project with global and in-country technical leadership on malaria diagnostics, supervision and quality assurance/quality control on malaria diagnosis. This technical assistance includes (among others) the provision of technical assistance to Home Office and field teams, provision of technical assistance to the MOH/NMCP on malaria diagnosis; provision of training, development of SOP manuals, training materials; participation in manuscript preparation; semi-annual and annual reporting; representation of the IM Project in regional and global technical working groups and consortia; promotion of the IM Project’s capabilities with potential collaborating partners; and dissemination of the IM project’s malaria experience to global audiences.
Other functions will include assisting in the dissemination of the malaria case management (diagnostic and treatment) policy, sharing success stories and updates on the work undertaken under each of the areas described above, providing Case Management training and continued adaptation of materials for the enhanced case management (clinical and diagnostic) supervision process: Materials for the malaria case management (clinical and diagnostic) supervision process, based on mentoring concepts, will be drafted and vetted as needed with the NMCP and identify barriers to care-seeking behavior and options for community-based service delivery.
The Senior Technical Advisor will participate in regularly scheduled MCDI dissemination and discussion events on malaria diagnostics and treatment with other like-minded HQ and field staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing international organization.
· At least a Masters’ degree in biomedical Sciences. A PhD or Doctorate degree in Medical Biology will be highly regarded.
· At least 10 years of professional experience in malaria, especially on diagnosis, treatment, prevention, control and/or malaria elimination, either in an academic, research and/or program setting.
· Experience working with malaria donors such as USAID, World Bank, Global Fund, DFID will be preferred.
· Experience in project management, managing staff and resources, mostly provided by malaria donors, to execute academic, research or field implementation programs.
· Experience in writing scientific report, manuscript and peer-reviewed publications.
· Strong interpersonal skills, team player and makes her/himself available as needed
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· General professional proficiency in the French language is preferred.
· Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
Position: Senior- level
Location: USA (open to remote working)
MCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
To apply, please submit:
An updated CV and cover letter (including salary expectations) via email to: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: October 4, 2020