The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (Maram) is a non-profit organization, founded by American-Syrian activists to alleviate the suffering of people in need since its inception to date the foundation had delivered lifesaving aid and developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian IDPs and refugees along with host committees. For more information please visit our website (http://maramfoundation.org/).
Function and Organizational Relationships:
Maram Foundation for relief and development is looking for a dedicated, and dynamic professional to join our team in the role of Grant Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will manage external grants provided by donors, partners and, stakeholders. Design, develop grant proposals, create reliable reports, information and produce visual and intelligence presentations from projects data.
Position: Grant Officer
Reports to: Programs Manager
Job Type: Full - time
Location of Work: Gaziantep – Turkey
Vacancy Ref. No: MF-HR/20-242
Preference is given to Syrian-Turkish
Duration: One year
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Full understanding of NGO overall operations, objectives, donor relations, and grants management.
· Excellent skills in grant and external funding sources, research, funding proposal planning, designing, writing and presenting funding proposals to donors.
· Experience in the Need Assessment Reports designing formulated on the Syrian context
· Ability to develop effective surveys for different sections within programs departments.
· Ability to collect data from different surveys and sources to develop status reports.
· Collect the progress data from the programs team and design reports to reflect monthly progress reports and activities reports
· Ability to understand policies, procedures, collect facts, design and develop policies and standard operating procedures.
· Ability to examine donor contracts point out all concerns, and potential issues for the project execution, grants distribution and management.
· Ability to perform cross-functional work and synchronize grants management and project activities with programs, procurement, human resources, and finance project activities to meet program objectives in a timely manner and in accordance with Maram Foundation guidelines and donor regulations;
· Develop and prepare financial budget plans and grants allocation, along with the finance department
· Manage distribution of grants be applied on timely manner to projects phases according to the donor, standards and policy and in accordance to the financial needs of the project.
· Knowledge and Experience in the HRP, HNO, OPS, HPC and GMS
· Representing Maram in donors meeting and attending SNA, AWG and the general meeting with donors.
· Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and apply government regulations and proposal guidelines.
· Perform other related duties assigned by line manager when required.
· Bachelor's degree in in Public Affairs, Communications, English, Journalism, Education or a related field.
· In depth knowledge of the Syrian conflict, Syrian NGOs and stakeholders.
· Demonstrated experience writing grant proposals and reports to both government and private funding sources.
· Experience coordinating grant development teams.
· Experience researching and identifying funding sources and requirements.
· Experience interpreting requests for proposals, reporting cycles and funding guidelines. Experience developing and monitoring budgets
· Analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis,
· Flaunt in Arabic and English languages, Turkish language is definite plus.
· Valid Turkish residency permits and ability to travel in the region.
Technical and Work Requirements
· Microsoft office 365 Excel data bases
· Technical reporting and use of Software
· Good use and knowledge of Social media
· Work is performed in an office environment.
· Work also involves sitting at a computer and being on the phone for extended period of time
· Proficiency in the presentation applications
· Tight grant timelines require the incumbent in this classification to work flexible hours
Maram Foundation is a Nonprofit Organization and an Equal opportunity Employer. All applicants and employees at Maram Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunities and fair treatment without regard to Race, Color, ethnicity, age, sex, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or marital status
How to apply
The Interested candidate is kindly requested to send a CV using this link
before 18 Sep 2020 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted