Under the supervision of the Project Manager Humanitarian Mine Action and Protection of Civilians, duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
● Develop and or maintain a Risk Education stakeholder mapping and needs assessment
● Review existing weapons and explosive ordnance Risk Education (EORE) materials
● Provide technical advice and develop Risk Education materials tailored to IDPs, returnees, school and out of school children, other specific audiences and conflict-affected community in coordination with the different partners and with the designing contractor
● Develop training plans and conduct Risk Education training to Ministry of education, civil society organizations (NNGO) and others international organizations
● Provide technical advice and support on the issue of explosive ordnance risk education to key stakeholders in the regions
● Support development of regional explosive hazard profiles to further tailoring of EORE activities and messaging by region
● Develop plans and provide guidance for the integration of Risk Awareness and EO Risk education within the wider humanitarian Response.
● Ensure consistency of Risk Education messaging and increase synergies within UNMAS and with other relevant humanitarian actors and clusters responding to the humanitarian needs, through the Mine Action Area of Responsibility
● Develop new initiatives relevant to explosive ordnance Risk Education, including design of materials in cooperation with mine action and other protection actors.
● Provide relevant inputs for donor reports
● Assess risk education activities conducted by UNMAS implementing partners.
● Explore opportunities and Develop cross border and regional synergies for EORE
● Develop/ participate in the development of IM and M&E EORE related tools
● Support UNMAS Mali and mine action stakeholders in EORE technical expertise
- Advanced university degree (Master degree or equivalent) with five years of relevant experience; OR
- First level university degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent) with seven years of relevant experience is required
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in communication, education material development, project management or health promotion;
Three years of experience in Explosive Ordnance and Small Arms and Light Weapons risk education are required.
Fluency in French (read, write and speak) is required
Fluency in English (read, write and speak) is required