CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Title: Program Analyst-ID/ETD
Location: Washington DC
GS: 11 Equivalency
Application Deadline: Open until Filled
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
The Program Analyst provides support to technical staff, performing a variety of both complex and routine administrative and analytical duties. These duties range from administrative tasks such as scheduling briefings and meetings and maintaining program files, to more complex analytical tasks such as collecting, compiling, and analyzing data for various program documents and designing and maintaining spreadsheets in support of financial tracking systems. The Program Analyst will work closely with the team and provide input on related technical and managerial issues. The Program Analyst will also work with other members of the team to assist in areas such as country backstopping, overall administrative support, and other duties as required. The Program Analyst ranks tasks in order of importance and impending deadlines and handles several tasks simultaneously. The individual must develop a working knowledge of USAID policies and guidelines as well as corporate practices and pr ocedures. The individual is expected to become familiar with office/division technical issues and policies.
* Provide program related administrative and financial support to systems, databases, and file maintenance
* Prepares budgets and financial tracking sheets to be used by the team.
* Maintains administrative and financial tracking systems; assists in the design and maintenance of spreadsheets and databases to support these systems.
* Develop program documents, such as annual reports, interagency documents, action memos, talking points, congressional notifications, and power point presentations
* Provides technical assistance to technical staff and recipient organizations to ensure that financial and technical reports are prepared and submitted as required.
* Coordinates efforts among technical staff in the preparation of various program documents and correspondence such as; memos and waivers, amendments, project authorization documents, Congressional Notifications, Technical Notifications, and requests, ensuring that all documentation is complete and in compliance with USAID rules, regulations, and standards.
* Researches, plans, analyzes, and organizes technical and/or statistical information and develop data for use in briefings, publications, and reports.
* Prepares program communications such as cables, memoranda, and letters that seek approval or request information relative to program matters.
* In collaboration with technical office staff, support field and travel to USAID missions as necessary; track, coordinate, and report on field support to include responding to all communications and inquiries
* Facilitates country team activities as needed.
* Provides short term backstopping support as requested for Technical staff.
* Collects and makes arrangements for distribution of material to the USAID missions, USAID/W offices, host country institutions, and cooperating agencies.
* Supports the Communications Advisor in the development of portfolio communications material for external and internal audiences to ensure that products are accurate, timely, compelling, and in line with agency branding policies.
* Plans, organizes, liaises with members of working groups, missions, other USG agencies in support of program implementation and attend working groups to further USAID offices’ program objectives
* Liaises with missions, implementing partners, and division on key implementation processes, technical updates, and data call
* Review and analyze program technical updates
* Coordinates grants and contracts.
* Provides technical assistance as requested or assigned; works with USAID staff on general management-related activities.
* Keeps abreast of new developments and emerging issues by attending meetings, workshops and conferences; formulates recommendations for USAID steps in response to these developments and share with colleagues.
* Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
* demonstrates compliance with safety regulations, rules of conduct, other applicable laws and regulations and company policies.
* Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
* Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
* Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
* Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
* Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
* Employee demonstrates ability to exercise good judgment and make appropriate decisions as situations arise.
* Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
* Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
* Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
* Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must obtain and maintain a favorable adjudication as applicable to their position/duties
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.