VillageReach is an INGO that transforms health care delivery to reach everyone. VillageReach combines expertise across public health, technology, and business to bring life-saving innovation – new systems, programs and technologies – to scale and sustainability in the world’s most underserved communities. VillageReach is headquartered in Seattle, WA with offices located in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi and Mozambique and employees throughout the globe.
VillageReach is seeking a Financial Operations and Planning Analyst to lead financial analysis functions and build out and maintain the financial and analytic frameworks used by the Finance and Operations Group (FOG) to support dynamic global programs. This role will be responsible for moving financial and cross-departmental systems-related projects forward, including the pursuit of new software, tools, and processes to increase organizational efficiency. This position is cross-cutting and will work with Finance and Accounting, Budgeting and Compliance, Management Team, and Program Team members. This role will also mentor and train a junior analyst. A successful candidate will have relevant experience with financial and operational software, exceptional attention to detail, ability and desire to train and mentor, and strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
Data Analytics and Reporting (40%)
- Maintain and improve existing dashboards for financial, resource, and risk management.
- Create new dashboards by building off KPIs and areas of risk as organizational need dictates.
- Analyze financial dashboards for effective management of award budgets, cash flow, labor/resource utilization, and multi-year budgeting.
- Monitor key expense data and trends, regularly reporting to director of finance to flag concerns in organizational financial risk.
- Manage the creation and dissemination of strategic reports and dashboards by user group.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process, in conjunction with award administrators and the director of finance.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting (30%)
- System ownership of both PowerBI and Powerplan (budgeting software), with a focus on ensuring data integrity in both systems. Manage the vendor relationships.
- Administer monthly systems checks to ensure data is clean and accurate, and integrated systems are updating in a timely and efficient manner.
- Optimize current financial tools for streamlined financial and grant management.
- Implement improved relational databases to decrease manual or redundant processes and potential for error.
Systems and Process Improvement (20%)
- Assist with organization-wide systems assessment with an eye to optimizing integration and usage.
- Explore tools and systems that interface with PowerBI, Powerplan, or propose replacements systems/processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency of reporting.
- Streamline organizational systems to make processes transparent and well-utilized across operations, including finance, legal, HR, development, and grant management teams.
Documentation and Training (10%)
- Document processes and relational databases.
- Lead capacity-building efforts for operational staff across the organization to ensure data analytics are available and understood by stakeholders.
- Create educational materials and manuals as necessary.
The following competencies are expected of all VillageReach employees, with examples of how one these competencies might be demonstrated.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, and/or Information Technology
- 2-4 years relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience with information systems and proven ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Extensive experience with PowerBI, its financial software integrations, and data warehouse systems.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience and familiarity with non-profit financial operations and reporting, including coding and budgeting mechanisms.
- Proven ability to effectively and creatively problem-solve.
Familiarity with Salesforce, Quickbooks, Abila/MIP, Powerplan, and Zoho are a plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in French or Portuguese is a plus.
Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. During COVID-19, employees are working from home.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
How to apply
This is an immediate hire and therefore resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/