At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact is recruiting for a Learning, Results and Research Advisor for an upcoming global project based in Washington, DC to strengthen civil society globally. The program will identify and develop of evidence-based effective approaches to strengthen civil society and media in open and closing environments. The project will focus on designing and learning as well as fostering technical leadership and brokering connections between specific Associate Award projects to enhance outcomes and achieve economies of scale.
The Learning, Results and Research Advisor will have considerable scope for developing and executing M&E, learning and knowledge management systems and approaches under the program. This unique opportunity will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to shape and implement the Evidence Learning Strategy for this large global program. This position is contingent upon award.
- Develop the leader-level MEL framework, including common indicators and learning questions for AAs
- Review AA project MEL plans to ensure they meet donor requirements and maximize evidence generation and use for decision-making, adapting, accountability and learning at the leader level.
- Ensure integrated and strategic evidence & learning strategy across global activities and facilitate its use.
- Ensure successful implementation of an ambitious learning agenda that adds to the evidence base around civil society and media strengthening.
- Design and oversee implementation of internal research, evaluation and other studies.
- Ensure timely data analysis and MEL relevant inputs to program reports and other communications outputs.
- Institutionalize efficient data flows upstreaming from local partners and regional offices and conduct regular data quality assessments.
- Drive innovative approaches to collecting and analyzing data including emerging technology and predictive analytics.
- Effectively communicates results for decision making (e.g. data products, dashboards, visualizations)
- Develop and manage a platform and schedule for sharing research and learning outcomes across a wide range of stakeholders
- Convene relevant stakeholders together for exchanging information in effective and efficient ways
- Run a Community of Practice of MEL professionals across multiple AAs in multiple countries
- Be highly proficient in public speaking and giving concise and insightful presentations of complex data.
- Effectively manage across matrix-style structures and engage with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure local and international implementing partners produce relevant and high-quality data to feed into the internal MEL system.
- Develop terms of reference for and oversee the implementation of research, evaluation and other studies through external contractors.
- Promote the MEL function and evidence-driven development across multiple countries and among external stakeholders.
- Mentor, train and link department and other staff, as relevant with MEL professional development opportunities.
- Support and mentor local implementing partners for organizational MEL capacity development.
- Facilitate evidence-based learning and adapting across the organizations and its partners.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in M&E, research, data science, or governance-focused areas.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in research, monitoring, evaluation and learning in international development.
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management
- Demonstrated leadership for MEL and learning approaches (e.g. CLA) in prior roles.
- Expertise in MEL for Governance-focused programs.
- Extensive experience developing and implementing MEL plans and systems for major donors, including USAID.
- Extensive experience with qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation design and implementation, including managing external consultants.
- Track record in producing analysis (incl. experience with relevant tools) and inputs for reports and other communication outputs.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and effectively managing diverse teams of employees.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ethical management practices.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with governments and civil society partners.
- Professional-level English language skills (written and oral).
- Ability to travel internationally periodically.
- Eligibility to work in the US required.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please click the link to apply for this position: https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1435/learning%2c-results-and-re...