Action Against Hunger has been operating in Afghanistan since 1979. Its very first mission, has seen a strong focus on emergency responses, targeting primarily refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, and flood/drought affected populations. Integrated projects in nutrition and health, water, sanitation and hygiene, food security and livelihoods, and in mental health and care practices are implemented in 4 provinces. Our work with local partners is essential to gain access to more geographical areas.
In 2017, 1,973 displaced persons had their access to sanitation and hygiene improved through latrines and hygiene kits, and 21,724 displaced persons benefited from cash distributions to support their immediate needs such as food, a shelter etc.
In the coming years, ACF will focus on an integrated approach to respond to and prevent humanitarian crises, address vulnerability and reinforce longer-term resilience to food, water and nutritional crises and to improve the resilience of communities.
Since 2015, the Action Against Hunger Afghanistan mission operates with fewer bases, but with an increased number of staff. 400 national staff and 13 expatriates operate on 3 bases: Kabul, Helmand and Ghor. In 2017, activities were funded by institutional donors such as GAC, ECHO, OCHA, SIDA, UNICEF and the World Bank, amounting to 13.6 million euros.
The security context is overall volatile. Movements and social opportunities are limited for Action Against Hunger expatriates depending on the situation and security rules set by the organisation.
The Kabul base hosts the coordination office in charge of implementing water, sanitation and hygiene and nutrition projects aiming to reduce acute malnutrition in the Kabul Informal Settlements and in 26 health facilities. Expatriates share a guest house with moderate conveniences, an indoor sports room and a garden. A variety of restaurants and supermarkets are accessible depending on security rules and context. Movements may be restricted and a curfew strictly imposed.
You will be defining the strategies and coordinating the activities of Action Contre la Faim in the fields of Nutrition and Health, in addition to managing the Nutrition and Health team in the capital and giving technical Support to managers in the other field offices.
More specifically, your responsabilities will be to:
- Design, develop and evaluate the nutrition and health activities
- Monitor and coordinate the programmes in your field of work
- Manage the Nutrition and Health team in capital
- Develop and launch programmes in collaboration with governmental entities
- Represent Action Contre la Faim and its positioning in your field of work
You hold a Master degree in Public Health, Medicine or Nursing with 5 years minimum of professional experiences with NGOs in Nutrition & Health.
You are recognized for your technical expertise in nutrition & health programming and have a consolidated experience in project cycle management, strategy development, monitoring and evaluation, in addition to PCM.
You have a strong ability to provide technical support in project proposal and strong skills in management and staff capacity-building.
Excellent diplomacy, negotiation and representation skills (nutrition & health cluster mechanisms) are required.
A proven capacity to work in unstable environments.
Your English is fluent (spoken and written).
YOUR WORK CONDITIONS
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Compensation and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 383 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- 450€ as country allowance
- 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
- child allowance
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 2 months ).
- Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area (Thailand)
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter by following this link: https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/fr/offre/4935