Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Jifunze Uelewe activity in Tanzania. This 5 year, $39 million project will focus on sustainably improving literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional skills for all pre-primary and standard 1 – 4 learners in target regions; strengthening the capacity of local and regional government to sustain improved learning outcomes; and increasing community support for safe and inclusive learning environments. The chief of party provides technical, compliance and managerial oversight; ensures operational and programmatic integrity; creates a positive and productive working environment; and embraces our corporate values. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction to ensure all activities and partners achieve the initiative’s targeted results
- Provide overall technical and managerial leadership of the program in compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Serve as a key liaison with USAID, host country government and representatives, civil society and NGO representatives, and other relevant counterparts, implementing partners, and stakeholders
- Manage staff and ensures the project meets the stated goals and reporting requirements of the project
- Ensure the quality, timeliness and efficiency of all products
- Apply in-depth technical expertise in the program, ensuring an integrated vision among various components and focusing on achieving results
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments
- Supervise preparation of work plans, progress reports, financial reports, logistics and other documents
- Oversee financial management and accountability of project
- Advanced degree (Master’s level or equivalent) in education or directly related field;
- Minimum 10 years of senior-level experience and/or technical experience with USAID or similar donor-funded programs
- Experience designing, implementing and managing large education projects particularly related to pre-primary and primary literacy and numeracy skill development, particularly promoting gender equity, social and emotional learning, and inclusive education
- Recognized national or international-level expertise in education policy and system reform for pre-and in-service teacher education and professional development
- Experience supervising long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and learning of education projects
- Understanding of the development and education issues in East Africa
- Demonstrated experience working in Iringa, Morogoro, Mtwara, Ruvuma, and/or Zanzibar preferred
- Familiarity with USAID tools and methodologies to improve education outcomes
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in spoken and written English
How to apply
Apply online at https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/usaid_jifunze_uelewe_cop. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. More information about Chemonics International can be found at www.chemonics.com.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.