We are hiring an Emergency Response Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for our field office in Juba, South Sudan! As the Emergency Response Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, you will serve as the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) focal person for Samaritan’s Purse Emergency Response Programming in South Sudan. You will provide technical guidance and oversight for the design and implementation of M&E plans and assessments to effectively track program activities, outputs, and outcomes.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Serve as the overall head of the Emergency Response M&E department, providing strategic guidance and direction to M&E teams in order to improve M&E systems and the capacity of the M&E staff.
- Act as the direct line manager assigning projects, tracking outputs, and providing technical oversight.
- Develop assessment tools in both hard copy and electronic versions (for use on tablets) for two annual Household Needs Assessments (HNA) and two Post Harvest assessments (PHA) each year and oversee field-testing and revision of those tools.
- Develop assessment timelines and work plans for the HNAs/PHAs.
- Travel to program locations to provide on-site support for training of HNA/PHA enumerators and to oversee launch and implementation of data collection.
- During HNA/PHA data collection, conduct on-site monitoring of enumerator teams to ensure data quality and implement re-training as necessary.
- Develop and improve systems to effectively monitor required program indicators.
- Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information to track the status of program activities based on established log frames.
- Develop quality control systems and mechanisms needed to guarantee proper management of data collected.
- Develop and maintain effective systems to capture and store program data across multiple sectors.
- Lead strategic thinking and planning in relation to integration of the management information system (MIS) and application of M&E data.
- Train and assist program managers to implement realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data for comparison against a project’s targets.
- Document and disseminate key findings and lessons learned from project monitoring data, assessment data, and other sources to inform organizational learning and decision-making.
- Gather relevant information regarding best practices in program design, monitoring, and evaluation from within and outside Samaritan’s Purse and share it with field staff to facilitate organizational learning and experience sharing.
- Develop and implement plans to build and strengthen the capacity of M&E staff.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in Economics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field of study (required).
- 3+ years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and serving in M&E management roles (preferred).
- Experience developing assessment tools, creating assessment implementation plans, training enumerator teams, and managing data collection.
- Experience creating assessment tools on mobile data collection (MDC) platforms and carrying out MDC-based assessments.
- Experience supporting proposal development, including development of project logical frameworks.
- Good knowledge of project cycle management and development.
- Strong working knowledge of at least one statistical software package including R, STATA, SPSS, SAS, Epi Info, Excel or others.
- Programming experience in Microsoft VBA and/or other platforms (preferred).
- Experience conducting project evaluations including using survey methodologies of Cluster and LQAS.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and have strong mathematical and reasoning abilities.
- Demonstrated strength in cross-cultural staff management. Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure. Will travel to the fields periodically to provide support.
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the office and in the field. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Any level of Arabic beneficial.
- Strong English language writing skills, and demonstrated ability to produce quality reports and proposal inputs on short deadlines.
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave