Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA)/Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager, Female Empowerment, Colombia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a CLA/MEL Manager for an upcoming Female Empowerment/Mujeres Poderosas (FEMPOW) Activity. The program will empower women and girls by reducing GBV, positively transforming gender norms and attitudes, engaging the private sector to create economic opportunities for women, and supporting USAID programming in PDET municipalities. Moreover, the activity will focus heavily on engaging men and boys as partners in achieving the theory of change.
The CLA/MEL Manager will design and manage the CLA plan and learning agenda on technical and management processes. S/he will co-develop and facilitate learning workshops with MEL and technical leads, engaging partners in identifying evidence-based ways to adapt and scale interventions. The CLA/MEL Manager will supervise the MEL, KM, and reporting functions to systematically generate, synthesize, share, and apply learning, effective, and adaptive management. They will also lead the cultural transformation measurement initiatives under each component and the joint work with subcontractors and with USAID to implement a strategic collaboration strategy between the different USAID programs. In close collaboration with the internal communications team and with the USAID communications office, they will better portray the joint impact of the cross-cutting gender line in the portfolio. This position is based in Bogotá, Colombia and is projected to start in 2021.
- Provide strategic leadership for learning and knowledge exchange.
- Create, share, and manage relevant knowledge assets that support program outcomes.
- Ensure that programmatic learning and results are fully documented, shared and used to drive adaptive management processes.
- Lead the collection, analysis, documentation, dissemination and use of best practices and lessons learned.
- Design and implement internal and external knowledge exchange and learning events to improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application.
- Develop and/or maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders to promote effective coordination, collaboration and dissemination of program learning.
- Support the design and implementation of an M&E framework and plan that incorporates CLA principles and components.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation support on all technical-related activities.
- Lead the baseline data collection process, develop the MEL plan, and perform other related monitoring and evaluation efforts for the Activity.
- Ensure effective reporting, data collection, and monitoring systems are in place.
- Provide technical assistance to ACDI/VOCA staff members and partner organization staff in the utilization and management of monitoring and impact assessment tools.
- Develop and test instruments for data collection; collect, analyze, and summarize field visit reports from program technical staff and implementing partners.
- Evaluate the integration of project design with the program strategy and the impact of business and technical processes to the program.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative program impact surveys to ensure that project goals are met and that the team constantly improves program implementation quality.
- Conduct data quality reviews to ensure that all information required for submission to donor is collected in a valid, reliable, and timely manner.
- Complete impact assessment, baseline, midline, and end line surveys to assess the impact of the project on livelihoods.
- Design learning approaches that enable analysis of data, context, and emerging experience, as well as iterative adaptive management for the Activity's technical approaches.
- Advanced degree in measurement, statistics, demography, or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in adaptive program management, implementing and overseeing measurement, evaluation, and learning activities in the education or similar sectors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID MEL and CLA; experience leading and designing robust MEL systems.
- Strong experience in leading efforts to capture, synthesize, disseminate and use relevant technical knowledge to guide effective programmatic decision-making.
- Competence with facilitation and participatory techniques that drive peer-to peer knowledge exchange, continuous programmatic learning and improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in program evaluation with knowledge of statistics and research methodology, quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, and skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to gather and analyze information and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
Colombian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.