Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Gender and Social Inclusion Manager, Bangladesh
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Gender and Social Inclusion Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded Livestock and Nutrition Activity in Bangladesh. The goal of the activity is to increase livestock production & access to hygienic, diverse food, and improve the nutrition status in the Feed the Future Zone of Influence (FTF ZOI). The Gender and Social Inclusion Manager will lead the development and implementation of the program’s overall strategy for gender and social inclusion and will ensure the integration of women, youth, and other vulnerable populations into all program activities.
- Lead development and implementation of the program’s overall gender and social inclusion (GSI) strategy.
- Ensure that women, youth, and other vulnerable populations are integrated into all program activities, including technical implementation, monitoring, operations, policies, and procedures by designing activities that target these groups within the scope of the project.
- Provide gender and social inclusion technical advice and trainings to program staff, partners, and stakeholders to build their capacity to integrate gender and youth considerations into designing interventions, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead or assist in the design and implementation of gender and social inclusion analyses, impact assessments and other learning studies.
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to GSI dimensions of technical activities and operations and discuss GSI issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists.
- Liaise with technical component leaders to ensure that gender and youth considerations are assessed and accounted for.
- Support the M&E Lead to plan the collection and analysis of relevant data and assist in the collection and analysis of sex- and age-disaggregated data. Work with M&E team to identify GSI learning questions and outcomes.
- Incorporate gender and youth considerations into the Performance Monitoring Plan, with an emphasis on designing indicators that will drive high-value project activities.
- Travel to project locations to oversee technical inputs.
- Write project reports and prepare internal documentation as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of gender and youth issues related to project components.
- Write, coordinate, and disseminate lessons learned among team and program partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, international development, sociology, or relevant field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years of relevant working experience including five years focused on gender and social inclusion issues.
- Experience with agriculture productivity; agribusiness and market development is preferred.
- Experience with USAID and/or any other international donor funded project is preferred.
- Knowledge of do no harm, women’s empowerment, and positive youth development frameworks and approaches is preferred.
- Experience conducting gender analysis and research a plus.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Fluency in Bangla and English is required.
- Experience in Bangladesh is required.
Bangladeshi nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.