Desired start date: 1st July 2020
Duration of the mission: 5 months
Location: Position based in based in Erbil with potential field trip to Tikrit and Baghdad depending of access
ABOUT THE MISSION
The SI mission has been opened in February 2017, with emphasis on the Mosul response. The mission in composed of one Coordination in Erbil (5 expatriates and 8 national staff) one operational base in Mosul (1 expatriate and 23 national staff), and one new base in Bardarash (1 expatriate and 6 national staff). Regarding the evolution of the context, the mission will aim at keeping an early recovery WaSH component with ongoing research for development of new areas in line with the shift of context that entail wave of return movements to newly secured area. Simultaneously, as some camp will remain at less until 2020, being a key actor in wash in camps is a process already launched through the consortia.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Coordinate all finances aspects related to the 2 consortia (IHF and ECHO)
- Be the focal point for all partners of the two consortia to receive and consolidate financial reports
- Be the focal points for donor for all aspects related to finance management, reporting, audit
- be the guaranty that all partners are conform and comply to donor regulation and sub award agreement signed between SI and the partners
Specific stakes and challenges
- Develop and maintain strong relation with partners
- Liaise with SI HQ for all aspects related to finance and audit (due diligence, financial monitoring, reporting)
- Participating to steering committees
PRIORITIES FOR THE 2/3 FIRST MONTHS:
- Meeting with partners and donors
- Have a clear overview of each project and each partner involved in the consortia
- Setup strong information flow systems, tools and processes to ensure stakeholders have all relevant information required
- Post-graduate degree in humanitarian and/or development studies, social sciences, political sciences, finance, or similar field
Specific required skills:
- Proven ability to coordinate financial aspects within a consortium or any multi actors projects in complex environment.
- Minimum 3 years of senior project management position in an INGO with experience managing complex emergency response projects
- Knowledge and experience working with Common Humanitarian Fund and ECHO funding
- Previous experience in data analysis and report writing
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments
- English written and spoken Arabic/Kurdish is an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A SALARIED POSITION: starting from 2860 euros gross per month (including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly per diem of 750 USD a month. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
VACATION: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by SI). To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
SOCIAL AND MEDICAL COVER: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Erbil security situation is stable, however the situation is prone to changes due to the political situation. Though the living environment in Erbil feels safe, there are still risks, including the risk of car accidents, robbery/theft and sexual harassment (in particular from taxi drivers to female expats). The major risks currently are from ‘wrong time, wrong place’ incidents, such as small arms fire resulting from personal disputes. There is no curfew in Erbil.
Bardarash, Dohuk are locations under the control of KRI forces. The security is stable. No major security issues to mentioned. Erbil and those locations can be reached with a maximum of 2h.
Security in Mosul city is volatile, but relatively stable day-to-day and is a permissible operating environment for NGOs. This security situation can deteriorate rapidly within the city so strong security processes remain in place and the context is constantly monitored. There is a large presence of armed actors who control different areas (various PMU factions, Iraqi Army, Police etc) which remains a risk for power struggles and security incidents.
KEY INFORMATION ABOUT LIVING CONDITIONS
Good living conditions in Erbil: individual rooms, fully equipped guest house and office, possibility to walk in the neighborhood, lots of restaurant, no curfew. Nevertheless, movements by foot for female staff alone at night are not allowed due to risks of harassment, dedicated transportation means are identified.
For Bardarash security assessment will be performed. Generally, the situation is the same than in Erbil.
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?i.... CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/