Full description of assignment: https://www.unv.org/calls/HTIR000179-7315
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Support the Program Support Officer in developing new project proposals.
Assist with providing and coordinating inputs for information requests from Headquarters, the Regional Office, other IOM missions and external partners, such as donors, partner agencies, implementing partners, etc.
Initiate the development and implementation of the communication and advocacy strategy.
Serve as a focal point for internal and external communication flows. Maintain Communication with Headquarters, the Regional as well as outside partners for information sharing and dissemination.
Ensure that project information is regularly updated on the IOM site and ensure timely coordination of communications with donors and national stakeholder
Assist the programme and project managers in ensuring appropriate visibility of the project donors.
Based on the information gathered from Program Managers within the IOM Haiti mission, regularly update IOM Haiti social media tools, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
Produce/edit short video documentaries and write press notes with accompanying photographs of IOM Haiti activities.
Maintain and carry-out periodic updates to IOM Haiti project fact sheets.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Master’s degree in International Law, Communications, Journalism, Political or Social Sciences, International Cooperation/Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, Development studies, information and communication or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
Required experience: 24 Months
- 2 years working Experience in NGO, UN, IO or Diplomatic missions;
- Thorough knowledge of the functions of intergovernmental organizations and familiarity with IOM and the UN system;
- Experience in liaising with the national and international entities, specifically donors;
- Familiarity with the issues of migration programmes;
Work experience in the region;
Experience in information management/public information, project/programme development; reporting and/or Monitoring and Evaluation;
Experience in producing materials targeting outside audiences and policy documents;
Familiarity with standard office applications and capacity in MS Publisher, Photoshop, website design and similar application desired;
Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Knowledge of social media;
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Public information and reporting, Social inclusion, Community participation and development
Area of expertise details:
Social inclusion Optional
Public information and reporting Mandatory
Other civil society or community development experience Optional
Area of Expertise Requirement
Ability to work with an emphasis on result, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness;
Ability to perform duties under stress and in insecure, isolated and potentially hostile environments;
Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Communication, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
How to apply
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.