Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is an ecumenical, diaconal, humanitarian and non-profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) mandated by churches and Christian organizations in Norway to work for global justice, by empowering the poor and challenging the wealthy and powerful. NCA has been working in South Sudan since 1972 and co-operates with local and church organizations in the areas of humanitarian intervention, long-term development and advocacy programmes. NCA commits to the vision: Together for a Just World. NCA’s programmes in South Sudan are Climate Resilient Water and Sanitation (CR WASH), Gender Based Violence, Peace Building and contextualised projects which include Together for Inclusion and Community Based Teacher Training (CBTT).
The Position and Areas of Responsibility
NCA is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position of Together for Inclusion (ToFI) Project Officer. He/she will provide technical support in planning, implementation and monitoring of together for inclusion and teachers’ training programme activities. The scope of responsibilities would include, capacity building of Disabled Peoples Organizations (DPOs) and associations’ partners, networking and coordination with NCA partners, relevant clusters and line Ministries at national and state levels. The project officer will also be responsible for advocacy issues related to people with disabilities, teachers’ education and together for inclusion (ToFI) projects in Juba and operational areas in South Sudan.
1. Planning & implementation of Together for Inclusion activities
· Assist in planning & implementation of Together for Inclusion activities with DPOs
- Mainstream ToFI activities into NCA existing programmes of peace building (PB), Climate Resilience Water and Sanitation (WASH), Gender Based Violence (GBV), Community Based Teacher Training (CBTT) and emergency and response
- Attend coordination and cluster meetings with partners, support groups and other stakeholders on inclusion and teachers’ education
· Organise trainings and sensitization meetings on the existing DPOs’ laws and policies **
· Develop ToFI work plans and co-ordinate activity planning for PWD Associations**
· Maintain the link and co-ordination with ToFI members, including the lead Agency**
· Organize, attend and/or facilitate workshops and TOT sessions for PWD groups and ToFI partners
· Provide technical support to partners including Disabled Peoples Organization (DPOs) in planning, implementation and reporting of planned activities.
· Facilitate the training and capacity development to supported DPOs and relevant stakeholders on advocacy and human rights for people with disabilities (PWD)
· Attend the regular ToFI consortium meetings for the review of the implementation of the ToFI project with the supported DPOs and PWD Associations
2. Project Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure that assigned projects achieve set goals, objectives and outcomes
- Monitor Together for Inclusion (ToFI) activities in collaboration with the thematic Co-ordinators and Officers
- Monitor and co-ordinate the planned teacher education, pre and in-service teacher training activities of the supported County Education Centres (CECs) in the NCA operational areas
- Conduct needs assessments and prepare timely intervention reports on quarterly basis
- Participate in Teacher Education studies and assessments & identify needs for improvements of the on-going Community Based Teacher Training planned activities
- Regularly monitor project activities and provide feedback to PMER team for adjustment as need arises
- Ensure proper documentation of all project activities including case studies & human- interest stories.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
· University degree in Education, Social Sciences, or Education in international development or related field. Masters Education in any of these fields is an added advantage
· Have at least 3 years work experience with responsibility over budgetary development, programme planning, implementation and monitoring
· Possess in-depth technical expertise on people with disability and education related issues, including having a clear understanding of education and human rights, and issues surrounding people with disability
· Be able to provide technical support and be able to use different tools in monitoring and capacity development
· Very good facilitation skills with proven record of providing trainings and workshops on inclusion in a variety of settings
· Excellent analytical, communication and report writing skills
· Strong inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, partners, duty bearers and other stakeholders
· Good knowledge and understanding about DPOs context in South Sudan and how to work with people with disability will be an asset for the successful candidate
· Self-starter with an ability to work with minimal supervision, in a culturally diverse team
· Well versed with Humanitarian Accountability Standards .e.g. Core Humanitarian Standards
· Fluent in both oral and written English and Arabic
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th July 2020.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents along with their application:
· A cover letter with full contact details, explaining why they feel they are suitable for the position
· A current CV
· Copies of their academic certificates
· Three references, which should include their current or most recent Supervisor
Applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com with a copy to Azima.Arkanjelo@nca.no and AyenAleu.Yel@nca.no.
Hard copies can also be delivered to NCA Office in Juba, Buluk near UNDP Office.
NCA is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is open to South Sudanese citizens only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.