* Undergraduate degree or Postgraduate diploma in development studies, other social sciences or related field of study
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* At least 4 - 5 years of relevant programming experience management roles: Public Health Management, RMNCH and adolescent health services, Emergency health and outbreak management and Community health service delivery
* Previous experience in the Sierra Leone or West African context.
* Proven experience in all aspects of programme management, including design, planning, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation.
* Proven experience with financial management; management of programme grants and budgets
* Experience in integrating gender, diversity and other power related issues into program activities.
* Experience in managing programme teams, including coordinators, across multiple geographic sites, including staff development, coaching, and performance management.
* Experience in monitoring and evaluation, use of qualitative and quantitative data to analyse progress in programmes, and the use of logical or results frameworks, theories of change, etc.
* Substantial experience and skills in establishing and maintaining external relations with government, community stakeholders and civil society.
* Fluency in written and spoken English; excellent documentation and report-writing skills.
* Proficiency in computer e.g. MS Word, MS Power Point and Excel.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* Experience in working with local/national civil society partners, managing partner contracts and relationships, ensuring mutual and institutional capacity building, joint monitoring, etc.
* Child participation: experience in implementing programmes or activities directly with/for children.
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
* Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
* Experience in more than one country is an advantage.
* Experience in urban programming using inclusive, gender equitable and participatory approaches
* Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful, proactive in identifying and addressing challenges, yet consulting and asking for assistance as needed/relevant.
* Ability and willingness to travel to project communities and stay in basic conditions.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 18 Months
Closing Date: 13th July, 2020
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
* Candidates should know that Save the Children is no longer using for job advert and therefore candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
* Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
* Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY