The Driver position is located at the UNFPA Eastern Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (EECARO). The Driver will provide reliable and safe driving services to UNFPA staff and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, awareness of diplomatic protocols and prevailing security conditions.
Under overall guidance of International Operations Manager, the Driver will report to the Administrative Associate (GS7).
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.**
Providing reliable and safe driving services, you will uphold the highest standards of discretion and integrity; have a deep sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. You will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
You would be responsible for:
A. Ensure provision of reliable and safe driving services by:**
· Driving office vehicles for the transport of UNFPA staff, UN officials and visitors;
· Delivering and collection of mail, documentation and materials;
· Meeting UN officials and visitors at the airport, if required;
· Assisting in visa and customs formalities when required;
· Ensuring that all passengers wear their seat belts at all times in the vehicle, and that all other security regulations as per MOSS policy are being followed;
· Keeping abreast of traffic, road and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings and events.
B. Safe and proper use of vehicle and day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
· Ensuring cost-savings through proper use of vehicle, accurately maintaining daily vehicle log and monthly vehicle history report,
· Preparing annual maintenance plan for office vehicle, timely suggesting about the maintenance / repair needs of vehicle;
· Ensuring proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc. so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
C. Availability of documents/ supplies
· Ensuring availability and access of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
· Keeping track of insurance and tax formalities;
· Ensuring that the required steps by UNFPA rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
D. Other Duties
· Acting as a translator in local language for official passengers, where necessary;
· Assisting RO staff with general administrative duties as required.
· Performing other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education.
Knowledge and Experience: **
· Valid driver’s license.
· Three years’ work experience as a driver in an international organisation, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
· Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills.
· Skill in minor vehicle repairs.
Fluency in Turkish and working knowledge of English.**
Required Competencies: **
• Exemplifying integrity,
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
• Embracing cultural diversity,
• Embracing change
• Providing logistical support
• Managing data
• Managing documents, correspondence and reports
• Managing information and work flow
• Planning, organising and multitasking
Core Competencies: **
• Achieving results,
• Being accountable,
• Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
• Thinking analytically and strategically,
• Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
• Communicating for impact
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary.
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications to the above position online through the website https://erecruit.partneragencies.org under Job opening ID*: 31282 - NATIONAL POST: Driver GS2 by 26 July 2020.*