Deputy Selection Manager
at GOAL Syria (View all jobs)
North Idleb, Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets, and the protection of vulnerable and marginalized migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate and North West Aleppo, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Deputy Selection Manager (DSM) is responsible for the management in the depth of GOAL’s selection processes in Idleb Governorate and supporting Selection Manager in many roles and establish communication with LC’s in community or in Camps. Deputy Selection Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all Selection Teams and officers effectively and efficiently achieve their objectives in accordance with GOAL’s guidelines and principles.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Stand behind Selection Manager to make sure all activities and procedures are running within timelines with high data quality.
- Playing as a focal point for the selection team to determine all the issues be fixed to improve data quality.
- Arrange and support with Logistics to have all the needed equipment for the team on a monthly basis.
- Checking the activities of the field teams beside that making sure of security and safety for Beneficiary Selection teams during the movement between the villages and camps.
- Review of verification data and quality assurance, and support draft of daily and weekly progress reporting.
- Conduct regular training and meetings with the team regarding the technical forms in case any update or when needed.
- Represent the Selection department at a meeting with community leaders whether in urban or in Camps (ITS).
- Ensure that appropriate roles are adhered to during the selection process I,e monitor, follow up every single detail with a field team.
- Following up with a capacity building for a team about communication skills and respect for the privacy of the beneficiaries.
- Follow up with the Audit and verification team and any update about the gaps in the department in Idleb to be addressed and solved.
- In charge of organizing and synchronizing the activities of various Selection team within GOAL whether in camp (ITS) or in out of camps and do direct contact with Camp managers.
- Ensure appropriate HR planning, training and resource allocation as required for the successful implementation of program objectives.
- Any request coming from the line manager.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Previous work experience at least 3 years, with previous experience working with NGOs / Auxiliary Agencies desirable
- Good English language skills (speaking, writing and reading)
- Very good IT skills, including strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of the aid system and understanding of donors.
- Previous experience in beneficiary verification, selection or registration in the context of an emergency.
- Knowledge and proficiency with PowerBi.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is DD MM 2020.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply is: 12th July 2020.