Fundación Educación y Cooperación – EDUCO Philippines is a local branch of a child-focused international development organization, with head office in Spain. EDUCO places child’s rights at the core of its activities and supports local civil society organizations and government units in strengthening their capacities to guarantee the realization of children’s rights.
COMMUNICATIONS & ADVOCACY OFFICER
The C&A Officer reports to the Partnerships & Policy Manager. S/he will support all aspects of Educo’s communications and advocacy efforts in the areas of Education for All, End Violence Against Children, the Convention of the Rights of the Child, and the Sustainable Development Goals. The C&A Officer will work closely with Educo’s Global Advocacy and Communications Teams, Country Office teams, Regional Technical Teams and other ChildFund Alliance members.
- Communications: Develops the Country Office Communications Strategy; Facilitates the planning and execution of communication activities pertinent to program implementation and advocacy work; Identifies policy issues and recommendations on child rights and the Sustainable Development Goals and draft press releases, reports and blog posts on specific issues; Supports in the finalization of Annual Reports and end of project reports; Manages and maintains the website and social media accounts;
- Advocacy and Campaigns: Develops and implements advocacy campaigns, policy lobbying, advocacy research and other initiatives which reinforces Educo’s strategic goals, in coordination with line manager and Technical Specialists;
- C4D Production & Dissemination: Communicates issues around child rights, child well-being, education for all, and ending violence against children in in the Philippines internally through production of quarterly newsletter, project briefs, life stories and C4D materials;
- Knowledge management: Maintains databases of actual and potential media partners and network members/supporters; Monitor all levels of advocacy work (varying from executive to legislative agenda on national, regional and local platforms) and ensure timely coordination with the Program Team to reinforce synergy of programmatic and advocacy priorities.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Communications for Development, International Relations, Political Science or Law is desirable. Graduates of other course may be considered if s/he has the experience and competency requirements of the role. Masters’ or Law Degree is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience implementing communications and advocacy initiatives
- Experience in contributing to institutional branding, positioning and visibility
- Experience using international human rights law for human rights advocacy (desirable)
- Experience in preparing and presenting policy briefs and position papers
- Experience of working in an international context (desirable)
- Familiarity with maintaining databases and contacts
- Experience in facilitating workshops, round-table and public relations events
- In-depth knowledge and exposure to policy development, legislation development and advocacy environment in the Philippines
- Able to work with stakeholders at all levels and ability to inspire people to support our work
*We are offering:**
- A regular position, subject for probationary status for the first six (6) months. To start immediately.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line written as ‘Application for Communications & Advocacy Officer. Last Name. First Name. Applicants who are able to indicate current or last salary and expected pay will be prioritized. The vacancy on will remain open until a qualified application is received and a candidate is available. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
Educo has a Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct that seeks to guarantee children’s protection. As such, we are committed to doing all necessary actions to guarantee child protection including conduct of background checks and obtaining references for all candidates.