Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party, Liberia
ACDI/VOCA seeks a dynamic and a proven leader Chief of Party with technical expertise and experience managing donor-funded programs as Chief of Party for an upcoming multi-year program in Liberia. The Chief of Party will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and overall quality assurance of the project. S/he will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and ACDI/VOCA regulations. The 5-year activity is envisioned to start in 2021.
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives;
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management.
- Serve as the project's key liaison with headquarters, USAID, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships.
- Ensure day-to-day technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with the scope of work and annual work plans.
- Oversee management and quality of deliverables for all subcontractors, international consultants, and local project staff.
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision.
- Oversee preparation and supervision of project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Facilitate the development of sustainable public-private partnerships and private sector investment in target value chains.
- Review all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis.
- Give verbal or written presentations as requested by the client and/or ACDI/VOCA to varied audiences regarding the project’s progress.
- Advanced degree in agricultural economics, agronomy, agribusiness, finance, or related field from an accredited university is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience managing agricultural, value chain or cooperative development projects.
- Experience working on similar donor-funded programs in West Africa desired.
- Successful track record of leading US Government-funded projects required; USAID programing preferred.
- Demonstrated strong communications and ability to build coalitions and networks and interact productively with a wide range and levels of organizations (producers, government, private sector, NGOs, and research institutions).
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Excellent communication skills for a wide audience of stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to apply
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.