UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supports UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC), in Budapest is creating and supporting several applications to facilitate and automate the office processes. In the future, more workflow and automation applications will be required. Currently, the GSSC uses SharePoint to create applications based on business needs. Due to increased demand on new applications, the GSSC is seeking to recruit a SharePoint developer to assist the GSSC team with the ongoing projects.
This a national consultancy.Applicant must prove eligibility to work inHungary, if applicant is non-Hungarian citizen (copyof passport in case of EU citizens; work visa in case of non-EU citizens), proof must be submittedat the time of application,or the application will be rejected.This officewillNOTprovide visa/work permissionassistance.
How can you make a difference?
The SharePoint Application Developer consultant’s primary work objective is to assist in the development, maintenance and management of existing and future SharePoint applications, with focus on creating high quality solutions with complete and detailed documentation.
This will involve:
Under the application support guidance:
- Work with UNICEF team to optimize the current applications
- Create project plans for the development of the applications
- Development of applications
- Testing protocol for applications
- Provide technical and functional documentation in order to ease the applications management, development, knowledge transfer and training in all lifecycle
- Follow-up on deployment and maintenance of applications
- Providing all aspects of technical support apart from documentation: training, including support instruction as well as location setup
To qualify as any advocate for every child you will have...
- University degree in Business administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field is an asset.
- At least 2-3 years experience in the area of web applications development is required.
- Relevant experience in SharePoint development, sharepoint Workflow, powerapps, html, and any other relevant tools is required.
- Proof of and ability to demonstrate previous work samples and development experience in SharePoint is required.
- Knowledge in management of MS/O365 production apps (Azure devOps, PowerBI).
- Knowledge in systems integration of SharePoint with other systems.
- Fluency inEnglish languageis required.
- Experience working within the UN and UNICEF is an asset.
The proposing service provider must include the following attachments in their submission:
- Updated CV detailing education background and all relevant experience
- Financial proposal indicating the daily rate for delivery of services (based on an hourly rate).The daily rate should be expressed in Hungarian forint (HUF) or U.S. dollars (USD). The offerhas tobe all-inclusive and expressed in gross amounts. If/where applicable, the exchange rate to be used for currency conversion will be the United Nations rate of exchange.
- Document to prove eligibility to work in Hungary, if applicant is non-Hungarian citizen (copy of passport in case of EU citizens; work visa in case of non-EU citizens).
Candidates will be subject to reference checks during the selection process.
Successful bidders will be required to accept UNICEF’s General Terms and Conditions for Service Contracts.
Location and duration
Theconsultant will work at the GSSC premises,which is located at 1077Wesselényiutca16/ain Budapest, Hungary, under the supervision of the IT Officer - Business Application Development.The duration is 11.5 months.The consultant/expert is expected to perform duties on flexible arrangements from within the UNICEF premises at 1077Wesselényiutca16/a.
Candidates who are under serious consideration will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Formal education and training in relevant area
- Relevant experience in SharePoint development, Workflow, PowerApps, and any other relevant tools
- Ability to create written instructions and documentation for software to be developed
- Skills and experience in software project management skills, Language skills (English written and spoken), interpersonal skills, working independently, high quality of deliverables
Candidates meeting technical requirements will be evaluated based on value for money of Financial Proposal.
Theconsultant willbe paid by the day, based on an 8-hour workday(total hours divided by8 to determine the number of days).The consultant is entitled for Paid Time Off credit at the rate of 1.5 days given for each full month of service if the contract is full time basis and office based. Maximum is 17 days for 11.5 months of contract duration.
Each month the consultant willissue an invoice along with timesheetto the supervisorshowing work progress for that month. The terms of payment are immediate after receipt of invoice and acceptance of work. Payment will be effected by bank transfer in the currency of the offer.
Individual consultants are not a standard employment arrangement, as payments will be made based on invoices submitted by the consultants on a monthly basis.Individual consultants are entirely responsible for the payment of all insurances, taxes, other contributions payable by the consultant on the payments made by UNICEF to the consultant for his invoices issued under this contract.
Terms of employment
Consultants are required to submit a statement of good health prior to commencement of work and to take full responsibility for the accuracy of that statement.
Consultants are responsible for arranging, at their own expense, life, health, and other forms of insurance covering the period of their services on behalf of UNICEF as they consider appropriate. Consultants are not eligible to participate in the life or health insurance schemes available to United Nations staff members.
Consultants are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and contributions in accordance with local laws. UNICEF is tax exempt entity and cannot assume nor undertake any liability for taxes, duties or other contributions payable by consultants on payments made under their contract with UNICEF.
Please submit your application through UNICEF's online recruiting system in English.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
How to apply
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=531838