CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through Social Solutions International partnered with CAMRIS International, to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Tuberculosis Prevention Technical Advisor
Location: Washington DC
GS: 14 Equivalency
The Tuberculosis Prevention Technical Advisor (Advisor) will serve in the Bureau for Global Health’s Infectious Diseases Office, within the Tuberculosis Division (GH/ID/TB) and will support the TB Team. The Advisor will aim to strengthen TB Preventive Treatment (TPT) interventions with particular focus on TPT scale-up of new shorter TPT regimens, institutionalization of TPT in the overall TB operations, as well as data strategic information (SI) and reporting in USAID’s priority countries and other countries where USAID contributes to and provides technical assistance. They will provide technical expertise on TPT consistent with the US Government Tuberculosis Strategy, PEPFAR, USAID’s technical implementation approach, and other international policies and guidelines. This will include mapping and analyzing current TPT related interventions for both USAID/TB and PEPFAR supported, developing models of best practices, and supporting the implementation, scale-up and improved quality of TPT interventions.
The Advisor will support the TB Division’s efforts to ensure effective TPT and SI reporting and surveillance strengthening through technically sound approaches.
The primary responsibilities of the Advisor include:
Strategic TPT technical expertise to USAID/GH/ID/TB:
* Provide technical support in designing comprehensive and nationwide TPT programs in countries with USAID bi-lateral support under the rubric of self-reliance.
* Develop technical support packages to assist with introduction, implementation and scaling-up of TPT interventions in USAID priority countries.
* Engage mission stakeholders in the development and prioritization of TPT interventions in the context of overall TB prevention and care operations.
* Provide leadership and technical input for guidance documents such as the TB Roadmap, the Country Operational Plan (COP), and actively engaging with all aspects of the Accelerator implementation and development process at country and above-country (regional, global) levels.
* Contribute to Pepfar related activities on the team and provide technical guidance and expertise to implementation of TB/HIV interventions.
* Assist with monitoring of TB/HIV performance in Pepfar countries as well as TB/HIV budgetary allocations.
* Assist with rollout and scaling up of shorter TPT regimens in ‘early adopter’ countries.
* Proactively analyze TPT and relevant data; develop data packages, reports and slide decks for global and country levels’ performance.
* Research, plan, analyze, and organize technical and statistical information and develop data for use in briefings, publications, and reports.
* Prepare and contribute to the development of written documents for global, regional and national TB, MDR-TB, and TB/HIV strategies, particularly from TB prevention perspective.
* Provide regular technical updates, organize webinars and ensure TB and TB/HIV staff at USAID/W and Mission levels to maintain the latest programmatic and technical information to excel and advise Ministers of Health and partners appropriately.
* Act as TB and TB/HIB backstop for USAID supported countries.
* Lead and oversee all matters related to TPT and TB/HIV Data Quality Assessments (DQA) and proactively improve the quality of missions data quality control process and reporting.
Strengthened SI programmatic guidance and expertise to USAID’s country-level implementation on the Accelerator to End TB:
* Provide support to the roll-out and implementation of the Accelerator’s Performance Based M&E Framework (PBMEF) framework. Support both global and country level activities.
* Act as SI and M&E technical expert and provide support to AOR with implementation of a data project (TB DIAH) and other SI related activities.
* Advise local governments, project staff, and Mission staff in implementation of the latest SI technical guidance and related issues.
* Organize and present at global and regional meetings and consultations to share and disseminate USAID experience on SI and PBMEF.
Other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned based on (a) organizational programming need and/or (b) the Advisor's own interests.
* Master’s degree or higher in public health, epidemiology, international development or related fields.
* Minimum nine (9) years of relevant professional experience in public health disease programs, with at least seven (7) years of that experience in an international or resource-challenged setting.
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* A strong team player with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content.
* Demonstrated experience in public health, TB prevention, SI strategy, program development and monitoring of quality programs, preferably in international settings.
* Knowledge of and familiarity with Pepfar and other key infectious disease policies, guidelines, tools and networks.
* Knowledge of and/or experience working with global health community stakeholders including multilateral organizations, technical agencies and other key partners, and the ability to establish effective relationships among a wide range of partners.
* Proven ability to work in resource-challenged settings with governments, local partners, and
* Ability to travel internationally (20-30%).
* US Citizenship or US Legal Permanent Residency required.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must obtain and maintain a favorable adjudication as applicable to their position/duties
**In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.**
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
Social Solutions International and CAMRIS International offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com
Social Solutions and CAMRIS are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.