Overview of position
Our client has been requested by the EU to provide support by filling in the identified gaps with flexible tools and mechanisms by establishing a Partnership Coordination Facility for Somalia. Coordinated efforts are essential in order to transform Somalia into a more resilient economy with greater security, gender equity, improved human development, stronger infrastructure, and better access to basic services that are delivered by accountable governmental institutions.
One of the objectives of the project is to contribute to strengthening the resilience of Somali communities to cope with, adapt and recover from recurrent shocks. In addition, to improve resilience and livelihoods to enhance youth employment for rural communities and urban households in Somalia. In a context of predictable and protracted natural disasters and humanitarian crises, such positive transformation, which strengthens the ability of current and future generations to meet their needs and withstand crises, requires bridging the gap between emergency and rehabilitation.
● Offer assistance and advice pertaining to all matters that involve COVID-19 and improving public health awareness and education activities
● Ensure accurate and precise information on COVID-19 is provided to the public
● Will work with people on matters pertaining COVID-19 and technical advice, assistance and information on financial support, and offering motivation and guidance
● Matching public health resources with local and state needs
● Catalyzing the efforts exerted by co-workers and the general public such that they are geared towards informing accurate information on signs, symptoms and preventative measures are conveyed
● Devising and/or implementing programs designed to facilitate the general awareness of COVID-19 and the well-being of the public
● Programs that are directly related to preventing, controlling, and eradicating COVID-19
This position reports to the Project Manager
● Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
● Capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity building manner.
Qualifications: Education, Technical Skills and Experience
● Degree in health education, communications, public relations or related field in humanities from a
● At least three years of experience and trained in the area of public awareness campaigns
● Experience in social mobilization, community organizing, within similar fields in the Somali region
● Excellent communication / facilitation skills
● Ability to access and analyze social dimension to adapt according to the context
● Ability to classify and manage priorities – High autonomous is required
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for the role
How to apply
Interested candidates please apply through below link: