About Us: Triangle aims to bridge the divide between policy making, empirical research and the media to produce lasting results for clients, a rewarding environment for its team, and positively impact the communities where we operate. In order to integrate policy, research and media, Triangle incorporates empirical enquiry with effective communications, thereby developing clear, concise and effective evidence-based solutions for the organisations we work with. Through this integrated approach, Triangle endeavours to transfer ownership of how decisions are made so that people have a greater say in how policy and development shape their lives.
As a growing organization, we’re looking for highly motivated individuals who bring their expertise, ambitions, and innovative project ideas to complement our mission. We work in a multilingual, highly collaborative environment, with staff and consultants distributed over multiple time zones. As such, we seek colleagues who can manage projects independently and deliver exceptional results. In return, we offer unusual autonomy and opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the team you’ve been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Position Summary: The Operations Officer is responsible for managing the components of Triangle’s operations alongside upper management. The primary responsibilities of the Operations Officer will be to ensure that finance and accounting matters are managed in line with project resources and business development strategies. Alongside senior management, s/he will also supervise Triangle’ accounting, legal affairs, and human resources, as well as project cycles and the general administration of the organization. Part-time and consultancy options are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A combination of bachelors and (preferably) graduate degrees in accounting, finance, economics, public policy, political science, international development, journalism or business administration.
- Over five years of corporate or UN/NGO experience, ideally incorporate business development and operational strategies, project management, risk management, financial analysis, budget management, cash flow management as well as reporting, editing and writing.
- Experience managing budgets using IFRS accounting standards is highly desireable.
- Experience compiling workplans, drafting proposals, and managing international grants is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills. \High-level proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking), while knowledge of Arabic highly desired. French, Farsi and Turkish are assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Triangle Directors to improve and streamline the business development cycle as well as devise and implement company strategy.
- Participate in Triangle strategy meetings aimed at increasing business opportunities and impact.
- Identify, pursue and procure new business opportunities across Triangle’s different business lines.
- Support the management internal and external communications alongside Triangle’s directors, administration staff, consultants, and as well as the general public.
- Participate in the compilation of proposals and other business development activities.
Operations & Finance:
- Monitor the projects expenditures and ensure that all activities are financed in a manner that adheres to Triangle’s financial policies, as well as those of various donors.
- Provide early warning of potential under or over expenditures to Team Leaders and Triangle directors.
- Direct and manage the organization’s overall financial policies and accounting practices.
- Train and manage Triangle administration staff to compile and consolidate standard financial documents on a periodic basis.
- Oversee and maintain all relevant financial records and documents, including budgets, receipts and financial ledgers with assistance from Triangle’s administration staff.
- Oversee and transmit final financial reports to Triangle directors and donors.
- Manage operational requirements related to project workplans, technology requirements and related back-end operations.
Administration & Logistics:
- Support Triangle’s directors to manage payroll and maintain the human resource files and records.
- Provide logistic support during seminars and conferences.
- Alongside Triangle’s directors, coordinate relationship with banks, lawyers, auditors, accountants, local authorities and other external stakeholders.
- Commensurate with experience, including commissions and bonuses for exceptional performance.
- Part-time and consultancy options are considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply
Qualified and Interested Applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.