Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
R4D’s sub-practice on sustainable financing for nutrition seeks to enhance nutrition finance at global, national and sub-national levels, by supporting change agents build stronger and more sustainable financing systems for nutrition. Our support includes analysis, technical assistance and capacity-building in developing investment cases for nutrition, financial gap analysis and developing financial scenarios, domestic and external resource mobilization, and resource tracking. R4D’s recent work has supported global advocacy for increased investments in nutrition, as well as strengthening the capacity of key government stakeholders in Ethiopia, Malawi and Nigeria to track, analyze and raise additional resources for nutrition.
To support this mission, R4D seeks a Program Officer to join our rapidly growing Nutrition Practice to lead projects related to sustainable financing for multi-sectoral nutrition, and related topics within the nutrition practice. Anticipated projects include technical support to African countries to strengthen components of their nutrition financing systems, including the development of investment cases and resource mobilization strategies; ODA tracking and advising on the donor financing landscape for nutrition; and analysis and recommendations on how to finance stronger nutrition information systems. This position is a unique opportunity to not only lead nutrition team projects, but also contribute leadership to a growing and entrepreneurial team. This position is based in Washington, D.C., and will report to the R4D’s Senior Program Officer for Nutrition Finance.
As a Program Officer for the nutrition team, you will provide program management and technical contributions for new and ongoing projects in nutrition financing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing projects or discrete workstreams of projects, from project design and inception to overall project management to ensure key project deliverables are completed on time; and learning and adaptation to ensure continued optimal relevance and impact.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analytical activities
- Provide guidance and management support to more junior team members as needed on project work streams
- Manage relationships with funders, internal and external experts, clients, and program managers involved in engagements
- Develop creative new ideas for projects and contribute to business development proposals
- Providing thought leadership and technical expertise to the nutrition team and across the broader organization, including representing R4D in external settings, developing knowledge products and writing blog posts, and contributing to
- R4D’s cross-cutting sustainable financing community of practice alongside nutrition, health and education colleagues
- Support R4D-wide activities that contribute to a strong and positive organizational culture
- An MA with a minimum of 3 years of experience or a BA with a minimum of 5 years of experience in program management, partner management, and strong research skills in global development
- 3-5 years of direct work experience related to health or nutrition financing (preferred) or nutrition or related fields.
- Experience with costing, budget analysis, resource tracking or resource mobilization in Sub Saharan Africa or South Asia a strong plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills, with experience in analytical tools re financing (costing, expenditure tracking, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage partner relationships and project work streams
- Proven capacity to synthesize technical content into effective presentations
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and work streams with competing time/resource demands
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time to sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Motivated to learn, grow, contribute and produce
How to apply
Please click here to apply.