Uraia Trust is a leading national organization whose mission is to provide quality civic education and engagement to empower Kenyans to exercise their civic duty in order to realize their constitutional aspirations. Uraia seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the position of Project Officer-Gender. The jobholder is responsible for providing support to the Institutional Transformation pillar for the efficient and effective delivery of the Women Voices and Leadership project (WVL). This is a 5-year project which is funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) through CARE Kenya who are the lead coordinator for the project in Kenya. In Kenya, the project is being implemented by four principal partners namely Uraia Trust, The Centre for Rights Education and Awareness (CREAW), Community Advocacy and Awareness (CRAWN) Trust, and Urgent Action Fund Africa (UAF Africa). Uraia Trust is providing multiyear grants to 25 Women Rights Organizations (WROs) as subgrantees during the project period. For more details regarding the job responsibilities, and required qualifications, please refer to the Uraia Trust website www.uraia.or.ke The jobholder will report to the Institutional Transformation Manager.
· Provide support and participate in planning, budgeting and review of project activities
· Support and participate in the recruitment process of Women Rights Organizations (WROs) as Implementing Partners for the project, including capacity assessment of organizations.
· Support in the development and implementation of Institutional strengthening activities of Women Rights Organizations in the project.
· Support in reviewing of partner reports and harvesting women and girls’ empowerment results as per the outputs indicators and targets of the project.
· Support in the monitoring of Women Rights Organizations in the project.
· Assist in compiling of Women Voice and Leadership Project reports.
· Support in the preparation of monthly and quarterly programme reports within the implementing pillar for submission to the Head of programmes.
· Provide logistical support for the organization of WVL Project capacity development workshops, meetings and learnings forums.
· Support the implementation of Women and Voice Leadership Project Uraia is implementing in collaboration with Care International.
· Participate in the learning, monitoring and evaluation activities of Uraia in liaison with the Institutional Transformation Manager**
· Manage all gender specific data and information for Uraia and facilitate analysis of the same for use in programming.
· Any other duty as may be assigned by Institutional Transformation Manager.
Academic and professional qualifications
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Project, Social or Development Studies, gender and Development or other related fields.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing programme activities in civil society sector.
· Additional training and qualifications on women and girl’s empowerment will be desirable.
· Demonstrated work experience on gender and development
· Demonstrated work experience in socio/economic and political empowerment of Women and girls.
· Demonstrated experience of working in democracy and governance sector in civic society will be an added advantage.
· Planning and coordination skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Problem solving and analytical skills
· Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
· Quality orientation abilities
· Enthusiastic and passionate about their work
· Eager to learn and put skills into action
· Team player
Core technical skills required for the role
· Programme and project implementation
· Gender analysis and mainstreaming
· Management of project budgets
How to apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application letter and detailed CV by email only, stating expected salary, contact details and quoting reference number UT/2020/03/01 with the subject being Application for Project Officer-Gender by 5.00 pm on 20th April 2020 addressed to:
The Human Resources Unit, Uraia Trust,
P O Box 28151-00100,
E- Mail: email@example.com