UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope.
To enable UNICEF to deliver programmatic results for children, the organization needs to maximize income potential from the Private Sector. Latin America is a fast-growing region with high fundraising expectations. Unlocking the full potential of digital is key to realizing growth of Individuals fundraising in the region.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF seeks a Digital Fundraising Consultant to work with the Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) in Geneva, providing support to digital fundraising teams in UNICEF country offices and National Committees.
The main purpose of the role is to support teams in Latin America and other markets, to implement and develop digital transformation projects through the required resources, tools and processes. The aim is to set up a solid infrastructure that boosts acquisition and retention through digital channels increasing UNICEF revenue in the regions and diversifies sources of income.
To achieve these results, the professional will support the digital teams from the markets in the region to increase their digital fundraising activities and maximize results, providing additional capacity and capability. The incumbent will provide technical fundraising expertise, guidance on acquiring and managing digitally recruited donors and techniques to maximize their income.
Digital strategy development
- Working within different Country Offices and National Committees, the consultant will work closely with the fundraising teams in the markets to develop, support and advise on their digital strategy and activities to enable financial targets and other KPIs are achieved.
- Provide advice on organizational structure of teams, dependencies, and roles inside the fundraising ecosystem.
- Provide advice and suggestions to implement agile working methodologies
- Support defining the necessary resources, professional profiles, and hiring process.
- Support digital teams to create yearly digital workplans.
- Providing advice and suggestions towards integrated ways of working with fundraising, regional ICT teams and Communications.
- Support partnerships with corporates and regional collaborations with relevant digital stakeholders.
- Develop regional frameworks, guidelines and templates for fundraising websites and donation forms, in line with the Digital Transformation Project.
Campaign support and implementation
- Boost regional donor acquisition, retention and conversion through activities such as lead acquisition and lead nurturing, or other paid media activities (SEM, affiliation, and etc.)
- Collaborate with Communications, Individual Giving and Telemarketing specialists in the region to boost acquisition, integrate channels and boost retention.
- Provide input into the identification and coordinate regional digital agencies to be used also locally to maximize efficiencies.
- Support on negotiations with local or regional suppliers.
- Monitor results and share benchmarks.
- Onboard and train new digital officers in the region.
- Share best practices and build capacity across regions, providing support calls, answering ad-hoc queries, and sharing best in class examples of digital implementation.
- Organize and coordinate digital webinars with key speakers from across the organization.
- Provide guidance on training plans for staff in core fundraising markets.
- Digital fundraising is increased in the region and channels are diversified
- Strategic support to fundraising managers in the region
- Required technical support is offered to digital teams in the region, in person and remote
- Support provided in the implementation of digital workplans per market
- Lead acquisition and nurturing is boosted in the region thanks to optimizing processes
- Corporate partners are supported in digital and new actions are launched
- Digital agencies are researched, and input provided into the hiring of regional agencies
- Best practices are identified and shared in between markets
- Integration is promoted throughout channels and departments
- Relevant team members are trained and upskilled
- Digital webinars are created and offered to markets on a regular basis
- Guidelines on minimum standards and requirements with regards to fundraising websites and landing pages are issued and adopted by markets
ESTIMATED DURATION OF THE CONTRACT AND PROPOSAL
The estimated duration of the contract is 11.5 months, starting on the second quarter of 2020.
The position will report to Fundraising Specialist in the PFP Digital Unit in Geneva. The role will work in close collaboration with global and regional teams for Individual Giving and Corporate.
The role is based in Geneva, with teleworking as well as travel in the Latin America region expected. In exceptional circumstances, we will consider basing the position in other countries upon agreement.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: University Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital Fundraising or a relevant field is required. Any additional training in a related field is an asset.
Experience: 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in international digital transformation projects, marketing and digital fundraising areas, with specific focus on areas such as digital acquisition, cultivation and retention of pledge donors, integrated media planning, and marketing communications and multi-channel campaign management. It would be an advantage if the person had gained the above experience in both agency and charity environments.
Technical areas: specific digital media knowledge, analytics and tracking, A/B testing, SEO, proficiency in the use of search engine algorithms, coding, content management systems, search engine marketing (SEM), online paid media, web and donation forms development, UX, CRM, CRO, e-mail broadcasting tools, marketing automation tools, and agile methodologies like scrum.
Languages: Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Portuguese will be a bonus.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Remarks: Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered. Also, please mention the earliest date you can start.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
How to apply
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=530864