Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Central African Republic, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
JOB TITLE Public Health Expert Project Manager
JOB LOCATION Mozambique; Beira
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 10, 2020
START DATE May 2020
DURATION 6-12 months
- University Degree in Medicine or Nursing, with Specialization, Master or equivalent title in Public Health
Good knowledge of Portuguese
Experience in managing health cooperation projects and PH activities
Previous experience in developing countries; the previous experience of Public Health in African context and/or the experience of managing health projects will be considered an asset
Ability to use statistical and epidemiological analysis software
In his/her role as Project Manager, the Public Health expert is responsible for the general coordination and implementation of a project focused in particular on neonatal and child health. The specific tasks are:
· maintain relations with local authorities and organizations in the area, promoting coordination meetings and participating in meetings for monitoring and revision of health policy
· supervise the development and implementation of a training program for the health personnel involved in the project
· develop a supervision program of the health centers and hospitals involved in the project, in collaboration with local health authorities and in line with national guidelines
· ensure proper data collection and analysis
· guarantee the implementation and monitoring of community activities
· ensure proper management of project resources (human, financial and material resources)
· develop the periodic work plans and reports
How to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection interviews will be done face-to-face or by Skype.