You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization that fights against the causes and effects of hunger. Our mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through prevention, detection and treatment of malnutrition. From crises to sustainability, we confront the different causes of malnutrition and their effects using our knowledge and experience in nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and political influence. All our activities try to maintain and / or restore human dignity. Our vision is simple: a world without hunger.
GENERAL DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVE
The objective of the Operations Department is to provide an agile and quality response to vulnerable populations, as well as to affect the root causes of their vulnerability and the policies, through analysis and mobilization of public opinion, donors and politicians.
The department leads the response to new challenges in the fight against hunger by adapting its response (strategic approaches, emergency responses, management etc.) to new contexts, enhancing synergies with other departments, headquarters and with complementary actors.
Key activities in your role will include
POSITION MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
Within the Operations Department, the Emergency Pool team objectives are:
- Emergency response in case of sudden crises or slow tract.
- Support for the design of emergency proposals using emergency funds.
- Disaster preparedness (design and implementation of response plans).
- Analysis and exploration of new countries and / or intervention contexts.
- Creation of tools and emergency training.
- Technical support for missions (according to terms of reference).
In addition, as Lalization & Emergency Program Manager and together with the emergency team, you will contribute to:
- Coordinate, support and guide the organization, optimize resources and ensure maximum impact of our interventions and emergency strategy, in accordance with our mandate.
- Have reliable data (quantitative and qualitative) that allow us to assess the need for an intervention. Providing the necessary information for decision making
- Determine the severity of an emergency, ensuring a response adapted to the needs of the population
- Define strategic intervention priorities and formulate an action plan, determining the necessary resources
Goal 1: Finalizing the design Action against Hunger Emergency Pool Localisation Strategy
Goal 2: overall management of the AECID Emergency Programme (Convenio) 2019-2021; ensuring a proper achievement of the programme’s targets and key indicators and seeking additional funding opportunities in order to strengthen the available surge capacity for Emergency Responses.
Goal 3: Update, innovate and simplify the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan Methodology.
Goal 4: Support the Emergency Pool’s desk and deputy in the digitalization process of the Emergency Pool’s tools, developing dashboards, keeping the databases up to date regularly and producing informational reports on a regular basis.
Goal 5: Technical Support and development.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Training or education in humanitarian or management fields.
- Sound and proven experience in dealing and managing implementing partners in humanitarian settings.
- Humanitarian multi-year programme management experience.
- Experience in training processes and/or in capacity building facilitation.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operational context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
- Experience in Emergency Preparedness and Localisation Agenda.
- Minimum 3 years of previous field experience working with partners and implementing through a localised partners approach
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience managing AECID Convenios (Multiyear programmes)
- Experience with AECID, Programme Management and design, PCM, proposal design and consortium building, budgeting and reports to donors and other stakeholders
- Languages: Spanish, French and English proficiency (at least 2). Arabic is an asset
- Computer (office), data management, data analysis and internet use skills
- Even though this position is part of the emergency pool, this is a HQ level position with limited exposure to field missions
- Up to 30% travel per year for rolling out the localisation strategy in coordination with Spain’s missions and direct facilitation of partners’ first responder training.
- Contract: 2 years
How to apply
To take your application into account, please register at the following link