Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID funded program Tajikistan. The Sustainable Water in Tajikistan (SWIT) activity will provide a range of long and short-term technical assistance, along with funding for small-scale construction and rehabilitation of drinking water systems, to support the Government of Tajikistan (GoT), specifically local governments, in providing sustainable drinking water services in unserved and under-served rural areas.
The COP will be the principal point of contact based in Tajikistan for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will provide overall technical, administrative, and financial management leadership and oversight to the project. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
* Provide overall leadership and management of the entire activity
* Work closely with technical leads to achieve defined project results, produce deliverables on schedule, and build successful partnerships with stakeholders, counterparts and donors
* Manage the preparation of the project’s progress report, work-plans and other contractual deliverables
* Master’s degree or higher in social studies, economics or other related field
* Minimum 8 years’ experience in donor-funded water and sanitation infrastructure and financing programs, including utility reform and creditworthiness improvement
* Minimum 5 years’ experience managing implementation of donor-funded projects in developing countries, preferably Central Asia
* Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise a diverse team
* Strong writing and oral presentation skills in English with Russian and/or Tajik language skills strongly preferred
* Tajikistan nationals strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/COPTajikistanSWIT
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.