Mid-level Evaluation Expert – Final Evaluation of the IDLO program "Indonesia-Netherland Rule of Law Fund"
The purpose of this evaluation is to assess the IDLO’s Indonesia-Netherland Rule of Law Fund" against the stated outcomes and outputs as of December 2019. Within this framework, the evaluation will:
- Provide an independent assessment of the program and measure the extent to which the expected results were achieved:
- Identify relevant lessons learned with a view to informing the design and implementation of future programs in Indonesia and Beyond; and
- Identify relevant lessons learned with a view to informing the future planning and implementation of the sub-grants by IDLO.
Following the guidance of the Evaluation Team Leader, the incumbent will report to the Evaluation Unit and Director of Policy, Research and Learning under a day-to-day supervision of the Head, Evaluation and will be expected to carry out the following key duties in line with the detailed evaluation Terms of Reference (Link):
- Assist in conducting an in-depth desk review of relevant documents and reports.
- Support the data collection, especially during the field mission. Where required, the incumbent will participate in focus group discussions and interviews and will collaborate to ensure data are collected in line with the agreed methodology.
The incumbent will support in the preparation of the Inception Note and Evaluation Report. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Provide support and inputs for the preparation of the Inception Note;
- Contribute to the analysis of findings, and compilation of the Evaluation Report.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Advanced university degree in Evaluation, Health, Social Sciences, International Development, Law or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in co-conducting results-oriented evaluations of international development projects and programs and/or in complex/strategic assessments, focused on capacity-building in the fields of good governance and rule of law, preferably in Indonesian context;
- Professional experience with project cycle management, OECD DAC evaluation framework, logical framework approaches and with quality assurance within international development evaluations;
- Experience with working in transition countries will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Basic knowledge of evaluation methodology for development assistance projects and programs with specific experience in evaluation methods and tools (including theory-of-change based evaluations);
- Familiarity with the OECD DAC evaluation standards and criteria;
- Experience with developing qualitative and quantitative (proxy) indicators;
- Experience with survey techniques, focus groups and other participatory methods;
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection methods;
- Sound analytical, writing and editing skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The consultancy is expected to start in February 2020. The inception note is expected by early March 2020, the data collection mission is expected between April 1-April 23 2020, and the draft evaluation report is expected tentatively by early May 2020. This is a results-based assignment where payments are made upon satisfactory production of evaluation deliverables. The estimated number of workdays for the assignment is 30 workdays for the (medium-level) Evaluation Expert. This includes approximately 17 working days for the data collection field mission in Indonesia.
How to apply:
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply and submit their Resume and Cover Letter ONLY on https://www.impactpool.org/jobs/580396
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is 27th February 2020 (23.59 Hrs. Rome time)