World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Program Support Director, Syria Response, you will provide strategic leadership to the program support services (Supply Chain, Fleet, Information technology, logistics, administration) and to ensure that these functions have strategies, systems and skills to support the operations of the Syria Response in a timely, technologically-sound, professional and cost-effective manner. Ensure policies, protocols and processes involving the above services are effectively developed in alignment with WVI Management and Board policies and are implemented, maintained, reviewed and updated.
- Master’s Degree in Business administration, Supply Chain/ Logistics Management, Project Management or Finance and/ or any professional / postgraduate qualification in the relevant field.
- Substantial knowledge of country legislative framework at all levels.
- Ability to form and maintain solid relationships with wide range of different stakeholders, partners, co-workers.
- Evidence of high level written and spoken English language abilities.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, Lotus Notes or similar database, email and internet programs. Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience s in middle or senior management in World Vision or comparable organization..
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 04 MAR 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.