Program Development and Quality Director, Syria Response
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Program Development and Quality Director, Syria Response, you will lead a group of professionals who work on the development and support of high quality projects in a fragile context. This programming meets World Vison, the NGO industry, UN, key governments and donor standards.
- Master’s degree in community development, development management, international development, sociology or other related fields.
- Understanding of development work, especially child-focused community development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Good knowledge and understanding of key aspect of development work including education, child protection, livelihood, and WASH as well as resilience, integration of advocacy and disaster management in programming.
- Knowledge of major donor requirements and funding sources.
- Demonstrated leadership skills such as coaching / mentoring.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in senior program development role with an international NGO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including report-writing and proposal writing skills.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 02 MAR 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.