Grants Coordinator (Myanmar)
Job Title: Grants Coordinator (Myanmar)
Sector: Grants, Development
Employment Category: Fixed-term 12 months, subject to renewal
Open to Expatriates: Yes. Applications from local candidates encouraged
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
FXB is an international development organization with over 30-years of experience in breaking the cycle of poverty. Its mission is to provide people living in extreme poverty with the tools and support they need to become self-sufficient.
FXB has provided essential assistance in Myanmar since 1993. The organization developed programs related to health, education, vocational training and income generating activities, organized HIV/AIDS and human-trafficking campaigns, and has undertaken emergency and reconstruction operations following floods and cyclone Nargis. More than 300,000 children and adults have benefited from FXB’s presence in their communities.
Scope of Work:
FXB International Grants Coordinator in Myanmar is responsible for the identification of grant opportunities, development of funding proposals and management of grant contracts. The Grants Coordinator reports directly to the Program Manager at HQ. The position is based in FXB Myanmar coordination office in Yangon, with periodic travels to the field. Key relationship are with FXB International Director and managers, FXB Myanmar Director, program managers, technical leads, finance officers, and donors. The Grants Coordinator provides strategic guidance and support to the country offices on issues of grants identification, program development, grants/sub-grants management and compliance, and donor relations. S/he leads proposal development processes and supports a variety of aspects of project cycle management, including information management, problem analysis, program design, negotiation with donors, grant/sub-grant monitoring and modifications, reporting and grant closure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Design & Proposal Development
- Monitor major donor trends (policies, strategies, etc.) and research grant opportunities available from various potential sources of funding (EU, bilateral aid, UN, other initiatives, etc.).
- Support Country Director and program staff in comprehensive business development and develop funding proposals, appropriate to context and aligned with the organization strategy and expertise.
- Lead proposal development initiatives, providing overall coordination function between HQ, local office, partners, and relevant organization departments.
- Serve as team leader and key writer for all proposals, working with relevant staff in FXB Myanmar office.
- Prepare financial plans and budget along with planning and finance department, in accordance with each requirement.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Ensure identification, appraisal, and mapping of partners is carried out in a constructive and consistent manner.
Grants Management and Compliance
- Responsible for updating and timely dissemination of funding and donor reporting grid/schedule to relevant staff. Ensure submission of timely and high-quality reports to FXB Myanmar Country Director and donors.
- Provide technical guidance on donor regulations to ensure compliance within operations, program implementation and reporting.
- Support all agreement reviews, revisions, amendments and budget realignments, including relevant approvals.
- Coordinate closely with finance teams to ensure effective budgeting, spending plans, amendments, and closeout activities.
- Relevant degree in development studies, social sciences, or other relevant field; Master degree preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in international development/humanitarian contexts, and at least three years of work experience in a similar role, preferable with INGOs.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal development, including preparation of logical framework and budget.
- Working knowledge of grants identification and management, and the project cycle; direct experience in grants/sub-grants management is a plus.
- Experience with key donors, e.g. USAID, DFID, EU, UN donors, other global initiatives, as well as private funding sources, and familiarity with institutional donor rules and regulations and their compliance.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Excellent diplomacy skills, and clear communications skills.
- Experience with/exposure to field level program management and/or M&E is a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Fluency in English with very good English writing skills. French and/or local languages are a plus.
FXB is an equal opportunities employer. Employees are recruited regardless of their race, ethnicity, religion or gender.
Applications in English: Please send (1) cover letter indicating your motivation and (2) a current resume (CV) with contact information of two professional references by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by March 12, 2020. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject box. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.