TERMS OF REFERENCE
Action Africa Help International (AAHI) is a regional not for profit humanitarian and development agency with a mission of improving the quality of life of livelihood challenged communities. AAH-I has country Programmes in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Ethiopia. AAH-Kenya, is an affiliate Country Program of AAH-I, addresses development challenges in partnership with marginalized Kenyan communities mainly living in low income urban and rural settings including Arid and Semi-arid areas (ASALs). AAH-Kenya supports integrated refugee and host community livelihood projects in Turkana West Sub county, Kakuma refugee camp and the host community with integrated livelihood projects.
AAH-I is currently implementing artistic products value chain programs that offer holistic and wholesome approach to unlock the refugee and host community livelihoods in Kalobeyei settlement and Kakuma Refugee Camp. The project focusses on skills improvement for product quality and Market access.
About LEAP project
The project is targeting 300 women in Kalobeyei who participate in handicrafts and fashion and design productions. The objectives are skills enhancement and market access to finished products. The project funded by UN Women is supporting market access efforts such as on line marketing and exhibitions.
SCOPE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The consultants work shall be limited to the following tasks and responsibilities
· Liaise with the LEAP project officer and team members to understand users’ needs and identify corresponding user interface requirements, work plans and functionalities
· Create wire arms, story board and prototype to propose options for implementation
· Develop corresponding user interface components (web templates, style sheets, scripts, images etc.) as needed.
· Integrate components of LEAP to allow review and testing and make corresponding adjustments based on feedback received.
· Gradually develop guidelines for consistent web design on the AAHI LEAP website in collaboration with relevant team members taking into account existing guidelines and best practices
· On line catalogue preparation
· Maintain inventory of deliverables and always deliver all source documents to allow AAH to maintain them
· Carry out other relevant web related tasks as requested.
EXPECTED OUTPUTS (DELIVERABLES)
The required outputs of this consultancy will be as follows:
AAHI website for marketing artistic products and fashion and design
On line product catalogue
50 women artisans trained on -line marketing
Report on all the deliverables above.
5.0: QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Candidates should demonstrate their qualifications and proven experience in the graphic design and technical implementation of user interfaces in web based environment. Candidates should provide portfolio containing examples of their achievement.
Technical skills and expertise
· Solid understanding of the concepts of user experience, use interface design principles and conceptual design.
· Knowledge of boot strap, JQuery and Angular JS
· Knowledge of industry standards tools such as Adobe Photoshop, illustrator and Dream weaver.
· Knowledge of Kentico content management system, particularly with respect to page template design will be considered as an asset
· Eye for design and attention to details are essential.
· Professionalism: strong knowledge of the field of expertise with good analytical skills, ability to understand complex problems and to deliver appropriate solutions
· Communications- good spoken and written communication skills including the ability to liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style
· Team work- good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in multicultural, multi ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
· Planning and organizing- ability to plan projects and activities, work to tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
· Users orientation- ability to understand user needs to customize services and products accordingly in order to provide user friendly and ergonomic solutions that meet user requirements
· Technology awareness expert knowledge in the field of web design and user experiences
· Commitment to continuous learning – willingness to keep abreast on new developments in the field of expertise
Languages: Fluency in English
Modalities for contract payment: The full amount shall be paid upon work completion and report submitted.
Firms/Consultant(s) that KNOW they meet the requirements should submit an expression of interest (maximum of 5 pages), which should include the following:
a) A suitability statement, including commitment to be available for the entire assignment.
b) A brief statement on the proposed assessment methodology including a detailed work plan.
c) A detailed technical and financial proposal(separately). Financial proposals should include, air ticket and accommodations of personnel.
d) Updated resume that clearly spells out qualifications and experience for the key Consultant(s).
e) Contacts of 3 organizations that have recently (but preferably in the last 2 years) contracted the firm/consultant(s) to carry out relevant research/survey or related work in artistic sector.
f) If it’s a firm, must be registered within the laws of the practicing country.
AAH-Kenya will evaluate the proposals and award the assignments based on technical and financial proposal, ensuring transparency, impartiality and neutrality.
AAH-Kenya programmes reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal received without giving reasons and is not bound to accept the lowest or highest bidder.
Deadline for application
Completed tender documents are to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes, marked with tender reference number and description, with the financial and the technical proposals in separate sealed envelopes.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted by 24th February, 2020 to the following address: email@example.com
Or deposited in the Tender Box at AAHI Offices in Kakuma addressed to:
AAH-I Offices-NCCK Compound 3
c/o P. O. Box, 76598-00508
Note: Only shortlisted candidate(s) shall be contacted