JOB OPPORTUNITY: FINANCE AND ADMIN OFFICER
Position: Finance & Admin Officer
Direct Hierarchy: Area Coordinator
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with travel to other locations in Ethiopia as required**
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Finance_Admin Officer Position in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The Finance and Administration Officer is accountable for the true and fair accountancy of ACTED as well as office support and Admin/HR management.
· Respect and follow-up the ACTED’s FLAT procedures;
· To ensure a regular flow of financial documents to Coordination;
· As administrative and finance focal point, ensure an efficient flow of information to Coordination Office finance and Human Resources team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Cost Control
· Responsible for preparation of Debt Follow up, Contract Follow and running cost follow-up, updates at field Level and feedback to Coordination Office;
· Responsible for training Staff in the area on cost control and other finance/admin related tasks if any;
· Assist the coordinator or equivalent on budget decision with BFU help along with the finance national office
· Responsible for Advance/Loan follow up at Area Level;
· End month cash books and monthly closure checking; sending to the Coordination office;
· Ultimate responsible of accounting entries (books) at field level.
· Consolidate the mid-month accounting and monthly accounting for the office in excel and/or in SAGA.
· Responsible for preparation and follow up of Cash Request and Cash Flow with Coordination Office;
· Bank Relationship and Banking Documentation at Field Level if applicable;
· Responsible for the petty cash box and the safe if applicable;
· Responsible for Checking and signing Cash Checking Documents.
· Payment Procedure
· Responsible for signing purchase order and ensuring that FLAT procedures are met at all times (Check allocation, Procurement Plans, Budget availability, etc.);
· Follow-up on cash availability with Coordination Office and prioritization of payments;
· Ensure that the documentation is in order before authorizing the final cash disbursement (check all required documentation is included and fully signed);
· Signing payment vouchers and supervising filling process;
· Responsible for payments done in Field Office.
· The Finance and Admin officer is ultimately responsible for the Cashier performance and management. As such they represent their direct line manager.
· To ensure HR Tasks are completed on a monthly basis as per the ACTED HR manual. This includes not exhaustively the following: leave Follow Up, leave planning, maintaining of staff folders, payroll, contracts follow up, recruitment as requested. Specifically;
o Control and check attendance sheets for all staff at the area level and ensure that all staff attendance sheets and signed payslips are sent to coordination office by/before 5th of each month.
o Ensure updated Leave Follow Up is sent to Coordination Office every 20th of every month.
o Ensure all the leave requests are sent to Coordination Office at least 14 days in advance.
o Ensure that all contracts, ToRs and code of conduct are signed by new employee and all documentation are sent within 5 days to HR at Coordination Office Ensure staff contracts of staff at the area level are kept up to date;
· Follow-up the implementation of ACTED HR procedures at the area level and ensure that policies, memos are well communicated to all employees at the area level.
· Organize staff induction for all new staff.
· Management and close follow up of appraisals with the line managers at the area level.
· Control and supervise the filing of staff personal folders.
· Prepare the relevant section(s) of the HR TITANIC/HOMERE as requested by the Human Resources Department;
· Those term of reference form the usual task the position requires. Any additional/other duty may be requested by the direct or functional supervisor and should be realized by the officer.
3. Protection Mainstreaming
· Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
· Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
· A minimum of four years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an INGO.
· Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
· Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
· Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
· High level of integrity and honesty.
· Ability to translate between Amharic and English
· Fluency in English language is a must.
How to apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 24th February 2020 with the subject line “FINANCE AND ADMIN OFFICER”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.