At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Pact is recruiting a Grants Manager for the upcoming USAID-funded Youth Unity Activity in Ukraine. The Grants Manager will manage the subaward grants program to include the full grant life cycle process, including solicitation, competitive selection, award, monitoring, and reporting. This position is contingent upon award.
- Ensure the highest level of integrity in the management of grants, to include proper adherence to Pact and USAID policies and procedures.
- Develop grant documents in compliance with USAID requirements, using Pact standard templates and working closely with the Pact HQ Agreement Management team to execute quality agreements.
- Administer the full cycle of grant management activities, from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Utilize Pact’s Subaward Management System (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is uploaded and stored as per Pact policy.
- Oversee budget management of project’s subgrants pool, working with the Finance Director. Work closely with the Finance Director to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses.
- Ensure timely training of subgrantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with Pact and USAID requirements. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with grantees.
- Ensure that project systems for grants administration are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact headquarters or the funder as required.
- Assist in the Development and/or updating of the Grants Manual so it’s in compliance with USAID and Pact HQ guidance, policies and procedures.
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- At least 5 years’ experience in grants management, and at least 3 years of experience in grants management on a USG instrument.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, leadership, problem solving and time management skills.
- Fluency in English and Ukraine and/or Russian.
- Civil society strengthening programming experience preferred.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1361/grants-manager/job